𝟎𝟖𝟒; ᴍᴇʟᴀɴᴄʜᴏʟʏ ᴡɪʟᴅғʟᴏᴡᴇʀ

IT'S MIDNIGHT, Ophelia is shown sitting up in her bed, her window by the side of her bed is only source of light is coming from the crescent moon.

'The moon is beautiful, isn't it?' Ophiuchus thought to himself.

Th sliver moonlight illuminated half her face, while the other half was covered in shadows.

"How ominous." Barty giggled, causing Evan to smack the back of his head.

Similar to the crescent moon, she had adorned a crest fallen look.

After a few hours of going through her memories she had woken up, Ophelia refused to speak a word

She was silent the entire time, and ate little of the dinner Astrophel made, her behavior had worried him greatly.

Worried they agreed with, wondering what Ophelia had sawn in her memories.

While Regulus was grumbling how he wanted Astrophel as his older brother than Sirius.

Melancholy.

The only way to describe her state.

Melancholy is the happiness of being sad.

Ophelia had always associated that feeling with Calytrix. She had brought her both joy and sadness.

She feels a deep sorrow, the kind of melancholy you feel when you're in a beautiful place and the sun is going down.

Memories are dangerous things.

You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.

Ophelia balled her hands into a fist, her nails digging deep into her palms.

Her memories...

No matter how much suffering she went through, she never wants to let go of those memories.

Her nails began to draw blood from her palms.

The worst part memories is not the pain.

It's the loneliness of it.

Memories need to be shared.

Many could agree to that.

Ophelia has none to share with.

The only person she could share with, had left her behind.

Tossed her aside.

Abandoned her without warning.

She hated it.

Ophelia hated her.

A sudden harsh and loud sound filled the hall.

Attention turned towards Ophiuchus who had slammed his hands harshly against the table, now standing up glaring at Ophelia.

"How dare you." He didn't shout, he didn't yell.
His voice was barely louder than it would be in a conversation- a whisper almost.

His abyssal gaze met her unforgiving eyes.

"If Calytrix had the chance she wouldn't have ever left you. Merlin. She would have even taken you with her. So don't you dare say she abandoned you." He told her.

Ophelia had immediately stood up, her eyes challenging him, unwilling to back down.

"Really? Then why didn't she take me with her then? Why did she fucking leave me?" Ophelia demanded. "After all you know her so well, you can answer in her stead!"