𝟏𝟎𝟓; ᴍᴇᴀɴs ᴛᴏ ᴀɴ ᴇɴᴅ

"WELL?" Ophiuchus demanded.

"I— we can't say." Elias said, and Ophiuchus raised a brow at her. "Even if we wanted to we couldn't. We can't speak a word of certain things we have seen."

"You have sworn yourselves to me." Ophiuchus reminded them. "I am where your loyalty lays." He reminded them. "If it weren't for me you'd be nothing but a pair of corpses frozen in the Russian winter."

"We are thankful for that, more than anything." Elias said and Ophiuchus stares at her blankly.

"Then tell me." Ophiuchus pressed further.

"You don't want to know." Silas told him.

They've seen the smoke and the heard screams, their bare feet stomping against the hot ground as they ran through the burning haze, the agonized shrieks of those around them ringing in their ears, growing ever distant as they sprinted towards them.

"I do want to know, so answer me." Ophiuchus demanded them and honestly Silas was getting sick of him.

"Even if we wanted to, which we don't, we can't!" Silas snapped. He then stood up suddenly, Elias tried to hold him down but to no resolve.

"I'd do anything for you, to ensure your safety! This is not a gift! It's a curse! I am driving myself to my own grave trying to change the future! I do not want what I've seen to come to fruition!" He stalked up to Ophiuchus angrily, gripping him by his collar, forcing him to look into his eyes.

"Every path taken, every decision made, each choice, no matter what, it will always lead to the SAME OUTCOME!" Silas screamed at him, holding onto him so tightly Ophiuchus could feel him shaking with emotion.

Ophiuchus looked him dead in the eyes, his golden eyes that many would cower from seeing his rage, and just stared into them, and what he said next made the hall shift in tension.

"I died." Ophiuchus stated, it wasn't even a question for him.

"I—I don't know." Silas admitted, as he lessen his hold on Ophiuchus.

"You don't know?" Ophelia raised a brow.

"I—" Before Silas could say anything he screamed, as an intricate glowing white runic sigil appeared on his adam's apple.

Silas's scream echo through the hall and it was the kind of scream filled with unsurmountable pain and agony that reverberate against their eardrums until their mind would fracture.

Ophiuchus eyes widen as he caught Silas as his body gave out from the pain. In his arms Silas laid shaking, his breathing erratic, golden eyes teared up.

"Who did this to you?" Ophiuchus demanded, his lifeless eyes were filled with something dark. He will break every bone in that person's body and will take great pleasure in grinding them down, physically, mentally, and emotionally.

Elias was by their side holding tightly onto Silas's hand, as if he life depended on it.

"It was—" Elias screamed as well. Hers was a tormented kind, filled with desperation. The same runic sigil appeared on her throat.

Ophiuchus caught her as well, she was in the same state as Silas. He held them both in his arms firmly, refusing to let go. His mind became clouded. He felt his anger fighting to be released. Who ever did this will pay. How dare they lay their hands on them?