𝟏𝟏𝟎; ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ɢʟᴀss ᴇʏᴇs

"THE GOD KILLER." Narcissus thought eyes brightened. 'I await their return. Then finally those creatures of hubris will fall.'

Narcissus loathed those so called Gods. He wished to see them burn. All but the youngest of them, Mother Magic— the kindest of them all.

Life and Death suspect nothing yet. They still believe he is unaware. He is a performer after all. Just how long must he play this role?

"He... he isn't human." Astrophel breathed.

"Mael, is interesting isn't he?" Narcissus hummed and eyes all turned to him.

Mael...? A name... That was the Prince's name.

Yet how did Narcissus know that..?

"Anything for her." Narcissus said. "He set the world ablaze for her because she loved how the Greeks burned cities. Without hesitation had waged, fought, and won, a war in her name and honor."

"How do you know this?" Dumbledore asked.

Narcissus laughed. "The game that you play is nothing compared to the grander scheme of things. You are naught but another pawn on the chessboard."

"Yet since you all are starving for information. I'll spare you some. After all you will find out eventually considering everything is being revealed." Narcissus sighed.

"Mael, had reset reality itself this time to his desire, in contrast to theirs. A world where he could meet His Duchess once more and together overthrow the old regime they've weakened. We are living in the reality he created, his perfect world. Expect for the fact it isn't perfect. As Fate throwing that knife, caused him to make a mistake when resetting reality. Because of Fate, his entire being was split in half, and many other things." He hummed.

While everyone couldn't believe it for so many different reasons.

"... How do you know this?" Narcissa dared to ask her firstborn.

"That is simple really." He smiled sharply at her, and expression none had seen on him before. His smile was dangerous.

"Being reincarnated is a an absolute bitch. It is even worse when you remember but apparently nobody else does, and the only person that also remembers is dead." He sighed as if he were talking about bad weather.

"Every fucking cycle I always remember the last! It is so annoying! You know in every lifetime the old bastard is always a pain in the ass. I have memories spanning from countless of lifetimes!" He groaned as he ran a hand through his long ombré locks.

"It is even so bloody annoying when your own soulmate doesn't remember!" He gazed at Astrophel through his sunglasses who was just gaping at him.

"... Soulmate? Reincarnation?" Astrophel whispered what everyone else was trying to process what Narcissus said.

"What? Don't believe me? Here take a look." Narcissus raised his sunglasses to the crown of his head to reveal his cold imperious eyes, that for the first time since Astrophel had met him is clear allowing him a look into his soul.

Astrophel knows when the eyes have died in its gaze, know the heart and soul had died in its blaze, and Narcissus's soul burned brightly.

Narcissus's soul is a hidden orchestra, Astrophel know not what instruments, what fiddlestrings and harps, drums and tamboura it sound and clash inside himself. All Astrophel hears and sees is a twisted symphony.

His virtues are not real to him. His sins, if there are such things as sins, are borrowed. He is an echo of someone else's music, an actor of a part that has been written for him.

It was those eyes of his, when Astrophel looked into them, they spoke to him, they showed him history of lifetimes forgotten.

Together there as the sun was peeking through the clouds, the sky purple and yellow like a healing bruise, bathing a pair that basked in muted lavender and yellow tones.

With eyes of bright smaragdine green clashing with those of pale eburnean ivory, kneeling down at their lover's feet surrounded by bloodstained flowers as they cursed the world.

Astrophel held onto his head as countless memories from countless of lifetimes all came crashing down onto him at once.

A burning sensation radiated from their chest. His head felt eerily light, everything seemed to spin around him in a blur of motion. He felt blood from his nose.

Ophelia felt her entire body tense up when Astrophel had screamed.

That scream was something ancient, thousands of voices overlapping with each other yet she could hear Astrophel's the clearest.

Ophelia watched as once he stopped he raised his head to reveal his eyes flickering between the oh so familiar cruciatus shade to pale eburnean ivory.

Astrophel stared at Narcissus eyes widen.

"... Acacius, is that you?" Astrophel asked, and everyone watched with tightened breath.

"Lycidas, My Love, it is I." Narcissus said.

They watched as Astrophel? Lycidas? Get up and grab Narcissus? Acacius? By the collar roughly, and kneed him in the gut, making him groan in pain with the amount of force; and let go of his collar dropping them to their knees on the ground.

"W... What was that for..?" He wheezed.

"WHAT WAS IT FOR?!" Astrophel yelled.

"THIS IS MILLIONTH TIME THAT I'VE TOLD YOU NOT TO PLAY GOD! YET WHAT DO YOU DO? YOU PLAY GOD!" Narcissus just kept groaning as he looked up at Astrophel.

"I'm just following their orders. You know how Mael and Lobelia get. Especially since Mael is your brother." Narcissus had yet again groaned again in pain.

Astrophel glared at Narcissus.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

Narcissus gave him a blank stare. "You've literally watched as Mael when he was a mere child slaughter the rest of your family in cold blood. Even Gellert is unnerved by him."

"What are you saying about, My Mene?" Astrophel demanded.

"What? Brother? Mene?" Ophelia muttered she couldn't help herself, Astrophel had another sibling, it made her feel unhappy.

Narcissus turned to her.

"Oh don't get jealous." He smiled. "After all his dearest brother is you, well your last life that is— The God Killer, Mael Nikolai Atalanta."