Glamrock Freddy x Reader: I Mean Every Word

You lick your thumb, picking at the pages of your report book. One too many incidents had been happening today, and it left you on your last legs. You collect your thoughts as you run through everything, one leg crossed over the other.

Freddy stood across from you, his blue pupils boring into you with immense curiosity. He opened his mouth to speak before you held a finger up. You licked it, and flipped to another page to begin writing.

His head hung low after that, but his eyes never left you. Despite his limited expression, it was obvious he was getting concerned. You were very quiet.

"You did a really good job today."

He mumbled. He was always soft-spoken, but this time it was hardly audible.

"Please, just save it."

You pinch the bridge of your nose, rubbing your eye afterward. Freddy tilts his head to the side, gently placing his hands on the table.

"It's true, rockstar! A lot went wrong today, yes, but you still managed to get it all under control! Are you perhaps agitated by your exhaustion-"

"Freddy right now I'm agitated by your voice!"

You spit, the bear closing his jaw once again.

Your brows furrow, resting your cheek in your palm.

"Egh... I'm sorry. Really I am."

Your pupils trail away from your paper, and up to Freddy. They lock onto his own, which were rather glossy and not as illuminated as they were prior to the conversation.

"But could you please just stop?"

He almost looked nervous. His ear twitched slightly, his earring making a faint jingle.

"Stop what, rocksta-"

"That!"

His ears shoot down. You place your booklet on the table, sighing to yourself.

"I'm not comfortable with what you've been saying to me."

"But, why? Have I done something wrong? Was it because I dropped that cake??"

He sounds a bit panicked.

"I assure you I did not mean to! The WF bot was not in its proper position! I had no idea there was any water. I did not mean to slip and-"

"Freddy, Freddy... relax. That's not what it is."

You hug your arms over each other, resting your elbows on your desk. You bite the side of your mouth sheepishly.

"I just don't like getting falsely hyped up, ok?"

Your eyes trail back to your booklet.

"When I'm told "you're doing a good job"... I don't want it to be the work of a bot's programming."

You dig your nails into your sleeves, your eyes fanning shut while you speak.

"You're a children's entertainer. A robot. It's in your code to repeat the same ol' lines to everyone who so much as does something as simple as tying their shoes."

He stares down, his pupils gleaming for just a moment.

"All that "Way to go!" "Great job!" "You're doing so good!" bullshit. Those aren't customary to me Freddy. Those are empty words."

You look up at him with tears pricked in your eyes.

"I don't want to sound selfish. But I'm so tired of only hearing it from someone who could never really mean it."

You gasp when you feel a cold set of hands on your face. Freddy held both your cheeks, using his thumbs to wipe away your tears. He's hunched down, face now much closer to yours.

"Officer Y/n... I may not be human. But I'm not mindless either."

He seems to smile warmly at you. His forehead presses up onto yours, catching you by surprise. His hands slide down your face, grasping your hands.

"Loving someone and wanting the best for them is not a programable function. At least, I do not believe it is."

You mentally record scratch upon hearing his words, your eyes widening in shock.

It takes Freddy a moment to process what he said before his ears shoot up. He lets go of your hands, shooting upright. He fake coughs into his fists and turns his head away.

"What I mean is... I say these things because I see you. I see you for what you are. Not a customer. Not a worker. Someone I've grown to bond with. Someone I wish to protect with every metal fiber of my being."

He gently bangs his fist against his chest, the metal making a loud clank. It gets a quiet snort out of you.

He clasps his hands together and stands strong.

"However, since you are so busy... I shall leave you to your work. I will see you on your next sh-"

He was so busy talking that he didn't notice you were missing from your seat. Panic started to settle in before he felt something grab his bow.

You gently pull him down, placing a kiss on his cheek. Believe it or not, the metal started to get fairly hot right where you kissed.

"So, you really are just a dork?"

His ears fall down, his brows furrowing. His eyelids fall droopy, almost like he was melting after that kiss.

"I mean... every word I say, rockstar."