Chapter 14

The study table was a mess. Sketch books, stationaries, a mug of water, cotton swabs were scattered. As much as XiaIn likes to feel the adrenaline rush while racing, art bring her a feeling of piece.

She smile in content seeing the piece of art she just made. The light pastel coloured flowers standing in the glass jar contrasted the dark purple background.

Once the colours had dried, she slipped through the pages to see the previous arts. Closing the book she placed it with the others and put them back in the drawer.

While she was cleaning the mess on her study table, her phone rang. Kun ge, it read. XiaIn sighed and picked it up.

"Come to the headquarters, I need to have a talk with you."

His voice was serious, and she didn't need to be told twice. She didn't want to face Kun's wrath. Changing out of the pink flower print dress, she put on a pair of lose fitted knee ripped jeans and a tank top.

"Arena?" Xuah asked as soon as the girl came down.

"Kun called."

With that XiaIn drove off to the heightech building. She was very much know by the guards and were instantly let in. Dream along with Yangyang were chilling in the living room. The group haulted their activity to see who entered.

"Damn she keeps getting hotter." Jeno and Haechan said at the same time.

Both yelped soon after, Jaemin hitting Jeno at the back of his head, while Renjun 'accidentally' stepped on Haechan. Before walking towards Kun's office, XiaIn made sure to glare at Renjun, who in return looked down with guilt.

Jaemin was quick to catch on the unnoticeable interaction. He furrowed his eyebrows wondering what happened between the two. And made a mental note to to ask her.

Kun looked over his reading glasses as the door pushed open. Putting the files and glasses aside, he sat up straight. XiaIn sat down opposite to him, while fidgeting with her fingers.

"So what happened between you two?"

"None of your concern!" She spoke in a timid voice, not meeting his eyes.

"Then say that while looking into my eyes."

XiaIn looked up with a frown.

"He is the only who left, he is the one who cut of contact!"

Kun let out a sign. He knew getting the twins back together would be hard, they are very stubborn.

"He just wanted to protect you all."

"How is it even protecting?"

"He didn't know the situation you were in, he thought everything was normal here in China. Renjun wanted to keep you away."

"But-"

"Let's be real here, XiaIn. Your father wanted the same. Since Renjun was out of the scene he didn't want him to know about the mafia history of your family. Both were unknowingly trying to protect the other from the same things."

XiaIn just say there with a frown. Slowly absorbing Kun's words.

"What happened was not within any of your hands. It better to let the past go and work together to bring back what you two lost."

She slowly nodded, head casted down.