Epilogue

"Mr. Choi I want all the information available on our new recruits. Nothing should be left unattended." XiaIn walked out of the room leaving her right hand man to do the rest of the work.

"Let's go, it's already midnight. We have an early flight to catch."

The female cousins got inside Wufei's brand new car and drove off to their luxurious appartment. XiaIn used her card to enter their shared appartment that stretched over the whole floor.

"What the fuck are you two doing here again?"

Haechan was sitting manspread on the couch while Jaemin was lying on the floor. An empty box of pizza laid in front of them.

"We are here too!" Out came Jihan and Renjun from the balcony.

"We were tired of waiting so we ordered a pizza." Jaemin smiled cheekly.

"Since you two are back let's get to bed. We don't wanna miss the flight."

Thus the soulmates retired in their rooms while Renjun and Jihan took the guest room as always.

Three years since Huang Xiaobao was defeated. XiaIn now leads HxH. She even managed to open a branch in Seoul with the help of their biggest allies NCT. While XiaIn and Wufei reside in Seoul and take care of the branch there, Wenjun and WeiLei are the core members of the Beijing branch. Lian broke free from WayV's custody and became an independent assassin. But neither WayV nor HxH decided to take any actions against her until she is a threat to them.

NCT also got through a few changes since then. Xuah was moved to NCT 127, but she was still worked with WayV when they had missions around South Korea. Some other members also found their soulmates. Now they were going back to Beijing for a very special occasion.

"Why are you all following us? Could have come with rest of the members." XiaIn said as the pairs of soulmates were ready to board the flight.

"Well I haven't met the WayV boys, so I have a reason to come along." Xuah said.

"I could help them out." Jungwoo shrugged.

"I'm still a heir of the gang. If you wanna drop, I can always take over." Renjun reasoned.

"He is just worried!" Jihan spilled.

Wufei turned to the two males standing with big grins. She decided not to question them anymore and went ahead for the check in.

Once landed in Beijing, Renjun, XiaIn and Wufei were 'kidnapped' by Wenjun while the rest were taken to the WayV headquarters by WeiLei and Yangyang. After a brief discussion on HXH's matters, along with NEXT members they arrived at the headquarters.

Over the past three years, NEXT established themselves as a top chemical weaponry establishment in the black market that mostly worked with NCT, HxH and their allies.

"Tell everyone to be on guard. Nothing should go wrong!" Kun palpitated.

"Ge calm down. You need to relax. The ceremony is hours away." Hendery tried to calm him down.

"Yo Yangyang how are the arrangements!"

"Everything is fine. We just need to keep the bride groom calm."

"I guess I'll go to MeiLing's house. Since everything is okay here."

"Yeah just make sure she gets on time, to the venue."

XiaIn walked inside the garage and got inside her beloved Ferrari. She drove off to her old residence.

"Oh hey XiaIn!"

"Oh unnie you are already here!"

"Oh you are finally here!"

To her surprise both Doyoung and Johnny's soulmates were also present. They had gotten close over time and visited Beijing from time to time.

"MeiLing is having a metal break down!"

"So is Kun ge"

The girls joked for a while until it was time for them to get ready. XiaIn was dressed in an ocean blue gown with a baby pink lip tint. Her hair was put in loose curls.

"Got a call from Johnny they are at the airport."

The girls headed towards the venue. MeiLing's dress was specially designed by Johnny's soulmate. It had a few layers of skirt with floral pattern sleeves. Her hair was tied up in a big bun with pig tails and pearl beads around it.

"All right everything is set!" Johnny gave a last look at Kun's get up with got an approval from Shotaro too.

"Your best man is here too!!" Ten announced entering the room.

"Taeyong hyung you look more nervous than Kun hyung." Shotaro chuckled.

"But who is walking MeiLing down the aisle?" Yuta asked.

"Taeil hyung I guess!" Sungchan said.

"All right it's time!!" Haechan barged in the room.

"Jiêjiê get ready!!" Wufei walked in followed by Taeil and his wife.

The bride exited the room with Taeil. His wife turned towards the girl and grinned.

"Finally I'm not going to be the only married one. You two are next." She pointed at Taeyong and Johnny's soulmates.

Skipping the vows, now everyone was having fun. Some of boys were taking to their allies, while some spending time with their soulmates.

"Have you seen Renjun?" XiaIn asked her soulmate.

"He went out with Jihan!"

"Oh!" She decided to not look for them any further.

Jaemin brought his face closer to her ears and said, "Wanna skip the rest!"

"Hey!" She pushed him away, beet red and ran away towards the others.

~☆~

The sound of the water went off as the girl stepped out of the shower. She threw the towel at her soulmate and laid down on the bed.

It was 3 at night and they had gotten back from the venue few minutes prior. She stared at the ceiling absent-mindedly while Jaemin showered. She snapped out of it as two hands pulled her closer.

"What are you thinking?"

"Nothing special. Just recollecting old memories."

She put her head in the crook of his neck and murmured a thanks. Jaemin rubbed her back and pulled her in a kiss. It was soft and long with breaks in between to catch their breaths.

"I'm glad I met you!"

~The End~

And that's a wrap for Year of Menace. Thank you for reading.

This is a book I started without any major plot in mind. I'm amazed how it turned out. Even at some point I was thinking of unpublishing it. But I'm glad I didn't.

 But I'm glad I didn't