Chapter 19

"Buckle up your seatbelt!" XiaIn said starting the car.

Renjun pulled it across him and and looked out of the window. They passed various streets and finally stopped in front of the graveyard.

He followed his twin inside through the huge gate. Once they reached their parents grave, Renjun kneeled down in front of his mother's stone. XiaIn put a hand on his shoulder.

Renjun murmured apologies and that he wished he could see them. A feeling of immerse guilt washed over him. Seeing their graves made him realise, what he lot. He wanted to turn back time and return back to his parents.

XiaIn frowned seeing him not able to utter a single word but just stare at his foot as tears feel on the ground. She sat down beside him in front of their father's grave and caressed his head. It became hard for her to hold her tears back when his silent tears turned into wails.

The twins found their comfort in each other's embrace. Renjun slowly started calming down, tightly holding to to XiaIn. While she put her head in the crook of his neck and silently cried. After a little while they broke appart and she turned to the opposite side.

"Let's go!" She said wiping the tears away.

They entered the car and sat down. Renjun turned to her and a small smile broke out. XiaIn gave him a questioning look.

"Your eyes!"

She looked at the rear view mirror and stiffened a laugh. Her mascara was totally smudged and all around her eyes. She pulled out a wet wipe from the car dashboard and cleaned it. Soon they were on the road again.

"So how did you end up in NCT?"

"Huh?" Renjun turned his head towards her. "Well I went to the same college as the rest of the 00s of Dream. Just different departments. Jeno and Haechan were in the basketball team. So one certain practice match, Haechan got hit in a place of a gun wound."

"Ouch! Why did I feel the pain?"

Renjun chuckled, "The nurse wasn't available so I helped him. And as you know 'curiosity kills the cat'. Got caught up with this stuff and here I am."

"So what is it like to be there?"

"In Seoul?"

XiaIn hummed.

"Nothing special really. Just college and gang. Not like we have a life outside. It's just killing, well saving in my case. I would say Jihan is the only one who makes a difference."

"Your soulmate right? Introduce me to her. Well to think of that I haven't talked to any of your members, except Jaemin." She whispered the last part, biting her lips down to stop the smile."

"Have you met Jaemin already? That guy doesn't even get out of his room how?"

"Bumped into him, the day you all came to Beijing."

"You don't talk to random strangers." He deadpaned.

Seeing that she was already near her next destination, XiaIn decided to drop the bomb.

"He is my soulmate!"

"What the fuck!!??" He exclaimed as soon as the car came to a halt in front of NEXT.

My parents are asking me to take accountancy honours while I don't even have the patience to complete a two page sum