Chapter 20

Renjun's wide open eyes followed his sister, who nonchalantly walked out of the car. She pulled out her phone and called someone.

"Are you not going to come out?" She raised a brow.

He quickly hurried out and followed her inside the bar. She went to the counter and talked to a bartender. Getting some directions from him, she walked towards the staff room.

"Is it okay to enter?" He whispered in her eyes.

"I'm a regular, plus they won't mind since we are meeting someone."

She pushed the door open and found her cousin, who was standing by his locker. Wenjun walked out of the staffroom and asked them to follow him.

"Told you to wait for me outside!" He said.

"Don't have enough patience for that."

Wenjun rolled his eyes before turning to her brother, "Anyways, Renjun why do you look so dazed?"

"I just dropped the soulmate bomb and he can't believe it's one of his gang members "

Wenjun chuckled and patted his back, "You have a soulmate too right?"

"Yeah, I'll bring her to meet you. Her name is Shin Jihan."

He nodded, "So everything good between you two?"

"Yup, nothing to worry!" XiaIn said popping the p.

"Hey Wenjun get back, it's getting busier!" One of the bartenders called him back.

Waving him good bye the siblings got back in the car. XiaIn started the car and drove towards WayV's base. Reaching the busy streets of Beijing, her eyes fell on the side view mirror.

A black SUV was just behind them blinking it's front lights. She brushed it off, think it might be some celebrity vehicle. Turning from the main road they took the road to WayV's base. She checked the mirror once again.

This time it was only them on the road and no other cars. Just a few bikes passing. Making the last turn at the cross road, the huge building came in view.

But they didn't get time to reach it so early. As soon as the Ferrari turned, a trucked honked, coming from the opposite side. Renjun's eyes widened at the possible collision.

XiaIn's expert hands twisted the stearing-wheels just in time to avoid getting hit in the front. The car turned with a screeching sound. Burnt marks being left on the road at the friction created. The end of the Ferrari hit the truck as it quickly drove away from the scene.

Not long after, the girl noticed the same black SUV and this time it was not alone. Cursing under the breath, she turned the car again, driving at full speed towards the base.

Renjun held onto the seat with one hand while the other hand clutched the seat belt for his dear life. His heart was thumping fast enought for it it pop of of his chest. Sweat covered his forehead and his palm.

As the car reached near the headquarters, XiaIn checked to see if the cars were sti behind. She informed the guards at the gate about the situation. They got ready with arms and opened the huge gate closing it as soon as the Ferrari drove past in high speed.

Bring it to a stop, XiaIn finally let herself relax. Her hair was all over her faces, sticking with sweat. While Renjun just sat there, pale, hands on chest.

I didn't just fall sick while my exams are on, now mom won't stop scolding :)