Chapter 31

All the NCT members sat inside the huge meeting room along with their soulmates. Everyone gathered together a few hours prior to the beginning of the grand masquerade.

"Hope the instructions are clear, don't forgot your earpieces."

With that everyone returned to their rooms or their partners rooms for the time being. The house until the program commerces. The guards were on high alert.

"XiaIn can you help me with the make up." Xuah asked the girl.

Already dressed in the one she bought from dior, Xuah sat down in front of the huge mirror. XiaIn helped her with the make up, before proceeding to complete her own.

"Are you going in a pair?"

"Yeah with Jaemin of course."

"Oh!" She cocked an eyebrow.

XiaIn blushed and turned away to grab the masquerade mask. Both of them walked out of the room and proceeded towards the central wing.

Jaemin, Renjun and Jihan were standing outside greeting a few female guests. Seeing them arrive, Jihan waved at them.

"These are our close allies, Aespa. And girls this is Xuah, WayV's latest member." Jihan introduced.

"And this is my twin sister, XiaIn!"

"Oh I heard a lot about you from Chenle ge and Renjun ge. I'm Ninging. I really want to see you race." Ningning's eyes sparkled seeing the older girl.

XiaIn awkwardly gave a small smile.

"By the way I'm Karina, the leader. These are Giselle, and Winter."

The four of them made their way in. Jaemin took XiaIn's hand while Renjun took Jihan's leaving Xuah on her own.

"And I'm suddenly a fifth wheel."

Many people were inside, but XiaIn barely recognised anyone. Even the NCT members looked unfamiliar. While she was busy looking at the delicious food kept in front of her a female approached her.

"Heard you are Jaemin's soulmate. I'm Taeyong's."

"Oh it's nice to meet you."

Both the girls talked for a while. Soon Johnny and Doyoung's soulmate also joined in. While Taeyong's soulmate was a member of the gang itself, Doyoung's soulmate was a doctor in Neo District's biggest hospital. Johnny's soulmate was a citizen of France who owned her own fashion brand.

With all the guests present the live orchestra started playing soft music. The girls scattered away took look for their own soulmate.

"Ma'am, may I have this dance." An unknown man asked her.

"Sorry hyung but she is with me." Jaemin took the awkward girl's hand away from him, and started dancing.

He wore a big smile seeing her ears turn red. He brought his mouth near her ears and whispered, " You are enjoying this way too much, right!"

With a very flustered look, XiaIn moved away to another man, as the announcer asked them to change partners. This went on for a while, until she ended up with the man from earlier.

"Oh we met again."

"Hello to you too!" XiaIn greeted.

"My apologies for not introducing myself earlier. Lay Zhang of EXO."

"Have heard of you a lot around China. Huang XiaIn, Renjun's sister and Jaemin's soulmate."

"So I suppose, you were the heir of HxH, until-"

"Yeah, but how do you know?"

"I work around that place and have a lot of connections too. Bi Wenjun, is a close friend of mine."

"Oh he is our cousin."

With that they changed partners once again.

Year of Menace || ᴊᴀᴇᴍɪɴ On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara