Chapter I: So it Begins

Honey Badgers. Often are mistaken for cute cuddly fluff-monsters. But that isn't the case. Honey Badgers are notorious for their strength, ferocity and toughness. Known to savagely and fearlessly attack almost any other species when escape is possible. They reportedly, could take down a Lion or even a Hyena.

Their skin tough. Bites, stings and quills barely have been able to penetrate them.

That is what is often thought of, of a Hufflepuff

That is what is often thought of, of a Hufflepuff. Cute and cuddly. Would share their food with you, help if not do your homework for you. Notorious for living near the kitchens, so they could snack at all hours of the night. Of course, you should never judge a book by it's cover.

That's where our story begins, in a school of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Hogwarts. In the library was a girl. A 5th year student in the Hufflepuff house. Her brown eyes currently reading along what looked to be a book, The Mysterious Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde - but that was far what she was reading. She was the only one in the library. A small mirror placed inside of the book.

Now, you must be thinking this student was just admiring herself. Being Narcissistic. But like I said, Never Judge a Book by its Cover.

"You know what you should be doing." A voice rang out. But the girl's lips weren't moving, her brown eyes staring at the mirror. "Reading in the library isn't your priority at this moment."

"I can't-" The girl spoke in a low whisper. Her eyes looking around her, making sure no one was in the room with her. Thankfully, it was Hogsmeade weekend and the 2nd and 3rd years were currently in a dueling lesson on the opposite side of the castle.

"I can always take over. Make this easier for us both." The voice spoke up again. "Come on Brenny. Let me out to play for a bit."

"I'll get it done." Brena interrupted. Her head shaking. The last thing she wanted was to lose control. Her eyes focusing back in on the mirror where her reflection was glaring back at her. Seemingly annoyed.

"You've got a week. Or else, Master won't be too pleased." The reflection seemed to be speaking back to Brena. But Brena's lips were still.

Of course to anyone who had seen this interaction would only see Brena talking to herself. The voice from the mirror was only heard by her and her alone.

Unbeknownst to the young girl, a boy had entered the library. Also skipping out on the hogsmeade trip. His dark brown eyes scanning the area as he heard the girl speaking. Eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Instantly he was assuming the girl was mental. But the slight light coming from the reflection of the mirror, caused him to wonder if she was speaking to someone through some magical connection.

Brena slammed the book shut, sighing as she shook her head. She had a lot on her mind, so she still hadn't noticed the curly haired boy standing behind the shelves. Watching her intently. His mind stirring ideas of who she was speaking to quickly. Was she a threat? His eyes spotted the little yellow and black emblem on her robes. Hufflepuff. His face relaxed just as quickly as it had screwed up.

Hufflepuff were known to being harmless. The bottom of the food pyramid. Hufflepuff's were the easy ones to bully. Never retaliating. Never trying to stand up for themselves. Most of the other students just left them alone unless they needed something from them. Like their homework answers or directions.

The boy leaned against the shelf, staring at the girl before his hand slipped and a book dropped from the shelf to the floor. A loud thud echoing throughout the library, alerting the girl to look up. Frantic brown eyes meeting calm ones. Her breath seemed to still as she pushed through her thoughts fast.

Did he see anything? Could he hear her? Does he know who I am? Who- That's the Black boy... Regulus. A follower. Does he know about me? No. Don't be ridiculous. No one knows who I am.

Brena stood up quickly, grabbing her muggle looking book before rushing to leave the library. Regulus Black watched the girl. Deciding not to run after her. She wasn't worth the chase. A simple Hufflepuff wouldn't matter to him ever. He was to stay in his crowd. Keep his head low. And do what needs to be done. By his seventh year- he would be a loyal follower to the Dark Lord. Just as his family would wish.

Only a fool would waste their time in a chase against a Badger.

But then again- You should never judge a book by it's cover. Or have you learned nothing?

A/n: So should I write this in 3rd Person or 1st Person? Or should it interchange between the two?

Or should it interchange between the two?

First Interactive Challenge.

Should Regulus Black ask his Peers about Brena?

Or should he catch her in one of her mental moments again and confront her?

You choose! 24hours to comment on the option you prefer.
Starting at 1:30am est.

This story will have slow updates.

Aphrodisiac is still my main priority and will take first priority when updating. This story will be about every other day or every two days. Good days I'll update everyday.