Chapter XXXIX: Summer; Blitz

After getting dressed and being forced to sit on the bed as Sirius ran out to gather James to the room, Brena sat there thinking

After getting dressed and being forced to sit on the bed as Sirius ran out to gather James to the room, Brena sat there thinking. She had a plan. She did. Was it a perfect plan? No, of course not. She was only fifteen, nearly sixteen. Nothing she would do at this point would be flawless. But she did, possibly, cure the werewolf curse. She did survive years of torture through Greyback.

Who's to say she couldn't handle this? Why else would she be put in this position if she wouldn't be able to handle it on her own? But that's just the thing. She wasn't a lone. Not anymore. Brena's fifth year at Hogwarts surprised her by gifting her friends. Real friends. A few that she had been having flings with, but still nonetheless, friends.

Sirius and James entered the room, without knocking. James seemed to look concern, so Sirius probably had filled him in on what was going on.

"Why didn't you tell us?" James questioned as he made himself comfortable in the bed next to her. His head resting on the fluffy lilac pillows as his pajama clad body laid on its side to face her. Brena had been laying down already, not in her pajamas though. She had dressed in a plain t-shirt and shorts. Not really dressed to impress since Sirius has barged in.

"I can handle this." She whispered, knowing they would fight her on this either way. Sirius let out a dry laugh as he came over to the bed and sat crossed legged on the foot of the bed, facing the two.

"If you can handle this- then what is it? What's your plan then? Talvi had said you had a plan." Sirius pushed. His arms crossed in a way to show he wasn't backing down, eyebrow raised as he waited for an answer. The golden answer that would make all of this panic disappear.

James Potter stared at Brena as she stayed silent, contemplating whether she should truly involve them. His hazel eyes scanning over her features and how she furrowed her brows. Now that he knew she was related to Remus, he could see it. She was just as stubborn and independent as he was. Which was rather annoying now that she had friends who wanted to help her. He reached over and placed his hand on hers that laid on the bed. His fingers prying her fingers from a fist of thought before rubbing his thumb over the palm of her hand, soothingly.

"My plan involves the future too much." Brena admitted. She wasn't lying. Her plan had everything to do with the future. Her dark brown eyes watched James thumb at her palm. Her plan would save some lives. Make two lives better- but would they even accept her plan? Probably not. "Besides- It's not important right now."

Brena's statement caused the two Maruaders to look at her incredulously. How could she think this wasn't important? What could be more important than making sure she was okay?

"Stop looking at me like that. Its summer!! The first day at that! Let's do something. The three of us." James looked over to Sirius as he sat up from his spot. Sirius looked in thought before smirking.

"We could get tattoos." He hummed like it was the best idea he could ever think of.

"Um, no. I was thinking something a bit less adult. We're only teenagers for a bit longer. You two will be of age soon, dont you want to embrace the final bits of freedom you have?" Brena looked from Sirius to James.