Chapter LV: Uncomfortable

The food at Hogshead wasn't as good as the feast at Hogwarts usually was

The food at Hogshead wasn't as good as the feast at Hogwarts usually was. Deciding on a simple basket of fish and chips that Brena picked at uncomfortably as she sat in a corner table. The book she had been reading on her ancestor on the train ride there, out in front of her.

"Mopsus?" Brena flicked her eyes up to see a man who looked to be a bit younger than Fleamont Potter standing next to her. "Deep read." He nodded before moving to take the seat in front of her.

"That seat is taken." Brena pushed out, moving the book out of his reach before his long fingers could come into contact with it.

"It is now." He nodded, raising his eyebrow at her, challenging the young girl to continue. Brena thinned her lips tightly as she glared at the man in front of her. A smile graced over his lips slowly as he leaned back and made himself comfortable. "Good. I heard you have something for me."

"I don't even know you." Brena muttered, her fingers picking against the skin around her fingernails.

"You do, actually. I'm here for the potion." Brena felt her stomach twist at the mans words. "Or I suppose the recipe for said potion." He added after a thought. His eyes were blue and burning a hole into Brena's own brown eyes.

"I don- I don't know what you are talking about." Brena tightened her jaw, eyes flicking past him slightly to see if anyone was nearby to help her. But she had chosen the isolated corner to keep away from customers. The man leaned forward, re-entering her eyesight.

"Do you really want to risk little Phineas?" Brena frowned, her eyebrows falling to an inverted peak between her eyes in confusion.

"Phineas is dead." Her voice wavered slightly at the truth of her own words. Still a harsh reality she was trying to face. The man smiled as he pillared his fingers together to his lips.

"Is he? And who told you this?"

"Doesn't matter. I have nothing for you just as you have nothing for me. Now leave me to my dinner in peace." She ordered, her voice holdingher ground as best as she could. The man shook his head slightly as he indeed did move to stand up.

"For now. But soon, little bird." Brena flinched at the nickname that the Black's used with her, her dark eyes watching as the man disappeared out the door without another word.

Instead of continuing her meal, Brena stumbled out of her seat, letting the chair fall back against the wall with a thud before gathering her book and making her way back up to her room.

She felt unsafe. Was leaving Hogwarts truily the best decision for her? Would she had been safer against Bellatrix and her posse? She couldn't even place a name to the face of the man who had dangled her brother in front of her like a glass of water in a desert.

Pushing her way into her room, she froze at seeing McGonagall standing by her window. The professor turned at the brash entrance, a hint of worry etching across her aging face.

"Ms. Willard, why do you look as if you've seen a ghost?" The teacher asked as she stepped towards the girl.

"A- it's nothing." Brena was feeling uncomfortable in her own skin. She didn't feel trust towards anyone right now. Especially someone tied to Albus Dumbledores left hip. And worse of all, she was questioning the boy who she was falling for as well.

"Are you sure?" Minerva questioned, urging the girl with her eyes to admit her problems, but knowing it was a long shot. When Brena kept silent, the teacher nodded. "Very well. I just wished to tell you that a select few teachers will be stopping in here and there to teach you things for your NEWTs. I assume you still don't know what you wish to be after end of next year?"

"I've got nothing." Brena shrugged. Her mind still floating around the idea of escaping. Her black book with the cure for Lycanthropy was now making room for the deaths she wanted to avoid. And after that was taken care of, she would escape this world of magic.

"Then I will put you in classes for teaching. I have a strong feeling that you may like the idea of coming back eventually."

"I higly doubt that, Professor."

"If you say so. Now Professor Slughorn has given me this to give you, just some ingredients and ptoions to work on. He claims you excell in the subject and don't need assistance." She held a bag in front of her that she had pulled from her robe. Brena accepted it after throwing her book on her bed.

"I dabble in the subject." Brena shrugged. She was trying to stay indifferent. Keep her pounding, panicking heart at a steady pace.

"I see. And I believe that Flitwivk will be stopping by first after his first classes on Monday. I've gone ahead and slipped a schedule in the bag as well." The teacher tilted her head with concern at the girl. "You know you are always welcome in my office, Ms. Willard. Day or night."

"I appreciate it, Professor." Brena nodded, her eyes scanning the professors sincerity. "And what about Regulus?" She questioned, unable to hold in her curiosity. Minerva frowned.

"The young Black? So it's true then? He is in fact defecting? There were whispers in the great hall tonight." Brena nodded slowly, worried if there were already whispers going on. "I assume he will be staying here with you? Along with Potter and the older Black on occasion, seeing as they always find a way." Brena's lips twitched slightly at the thought. Even the teachers knew they couldn't control the troublesome teens.

"That was the plan. But will he be safe in the halls and classrooms?" Bren was worried for the curly haired devil, even if her trust in him wavered after speaking to the blue eyed villian. Her thoughts on whether or not he had lied about Phineas.

"I assure you, we will do everything we can to protect him." She nodded before going to speak again, only for the door to open, revealing said devil.

"Oh- I didn't realize you had someone here." Regulus spoke up, his grey eyes darting between Minerva and Brena. Uncertainty flooding him if he was in trouble.

"We will talk of this another time." McGonagall decided with a nod. Her eyes filtering to the young Black before back to Brena. "Have a good night you two."

Regulus stepped out of the way to allow the professor to leave before closing the door and looking to Brena with a sigh.

"Well that seemed uncomfortable.  Everything alright, little bird?"

  Everything alright, little bird?"

A/N

Its been a minute, hasn't it??? I know this is a short update, hut its to get us back into motion. This story has about 10 chapters remaining...maybe? But....there is a sequel...somewhat.... 😉

Some thoughts?

Who is this blue eyed villian?

Is Phineas alive or was he just a ploy to get what he wanted?

Is Reggie hiding something??