Chapter LVII: Secret Weapon

The month went by quickly

The month went by quickly. James and Sirius were informed of the flash from the past and were insisting on coming by during their free periods- which were more than the average student on account of them skipping on occasion- following Brena around on her work and then sitting in on her lessons.

Regulus had began to pull back from going to classes. Slytherins had made it clear that he was no longer welcomed. Pushing him around- cornering him in the hallway between classes. Avery made it very obvious that Regulus was dead to them for being a mole. Bellatrix had even cackled about the last meeting- which was about whacking moles- in front of him and Sirius.

Severus was the only one who hadn't done anything towards the young Black. He tried to be with his friend as much as he could, but he was also worried over Lily, his new girlfriend- now that James was out of the picture he was able to sweep in easily.

Brena had held off on her talk with Albus for a while. She knew she had no choice- he was the only one who would have a chance of helping her- even if she despised the man.

It was now two months into the new school year. Brena had been cleaning about two to three rooms every morning, leaving her free after lunch, since she could use her wand. After lunch, she was dedicated to trying to find the truth on her own. Using the crystal ball that she had received from Regulus and her tarot cards, but it always came up blank. Only flashes of what was to come showing itself. But she was glad to say that Regulus was not going to drown in the future.

"Ms. Willard... I didn't expect you so soon." Brena let out a sigh as she stood in front of the old wizard who always seemed so calm.

"But you did expect me." She pointed out, standing in the same spot as Albus waved his hand towards the chair in the room for her to sit. She hesitated for a moment before moving to sit down.

"I won't lie, I had my suspicions that I would be seeing you." He admitted as he watched her sit in front of him. "This is about Mr. Black or your brother?"

"I think it would be easier if you just told me what you know of both of them." Brena decided, her brown eyes glaring at the old man indecisively.

"Well, I know that Mr. Black has been outed as a mole." He nodded as he clasped his hands together on his desk. "I also know that someone has come to you telling you that your brother is alive."

"But you think he isn't?" Brena was afraid of what the man would say, but as she watched him- she couldn't tell if she could trust him either way.

"I think it's possible that Tom Riddle is using your brother against you. I also believe that he isn't wanting you for the potion any longer."A lump lifted its way into Brena's throat as she stared at the man.

"You think he knows about-"

"Your special...talents? I do." Albus sighed quietly, leaning forward slightly as he frowned. "I believe that Tom has decided that you are a weapon that he needs to win this potential war." Brena pursed her lips in thought.

"And you don't? That is what you see me as right? A weapon to use against the other side?" Her voice raised slightly as she thought about the prophecy. Of this Harry Potter kid. "That's all you care about right? Using people to end wars. Maybe get the credit for it?"

"Ms. Willard, we both want the same thing. To save the wizard world from Voldemort." Albus told her with a calm exterior. Brena tightened her hands into fists.

"And you don't care about who you use or let die to get what you want, is that it? So many innocent people are going to die because of you doing things your way." Brena stood up from the chair abruptly, her mind buzzing with the faces of her friends as they met their deaths. "Because of your selfishness, James, Lily, Sirius, Remus- Regulus and Marlene-" She let out gasping laugh as she slams her hands on the desk, Albus pulling back slightly. "Let's not forget the hundreds of children- CHILDREN- that are in line to die for your cause, Albus. Kids not even born- destined to die for what? Because you think it's the only way?"

"Ms. Willard-"

"No! You want a weapon? Something Voldemort doesn't have? Fine! Use me. I know everything- except for if my own brother is alive. So if you can figure that out- then fine. I will be at your will." Brena glared through the tears that were trapping themselves in her eyes. The old man seemed to be sympathizing with her, but that only made her angrier. "But we do this my way, Albus. No one needs to die to stop this- this thing." Silence fell over the two as Brena glared at him. Waiting for his compliance with her demands. Nothing was heard except for the sound of the Phoenix that sat perched on its stand, tilting its head to look at the two.

"Fine. We do this your way." Albus agreed, nodding his head slowly. "But just so you know, I never wanted anyone to die for our cause. I just wanted to-"

"To make up for your mistakes." Brena interrupted. Albus flinched slightly, maybe in shock. "Oh yeah, I know. You see it as your fault that Tom Riddle has gone mad. Because of how you neglected him as a child. You weren't there for him when he needed someone and now- now he's taking it out on the world like a giant tantrum."

"And where should we start?" Albus asked, keeping his voice calm. Brena let out a harsh breath as she calmed herself down. Blowing up on the man would get her no where. He already agreed to help.

"You figure out if my brother is alive and where he is. I'm going to start Horcrux hunting."

A/N: I really don't like Dumbo

What do you wanna see?