Chapter V: Day One Pt 4

Brena wasted not a second on her voyage to Albus Dumbledore's office

Brena wasted not a second on her voyage to Albus Dumbledore's office. She was lucky that she knew the array of passwords he had been using lately since she had overheard him discussing the different flavors of muggle bubblegum. He usually always spoke of his passwords in hints around people- especially students in case they were finding themselves in need of his time.

So there she stood in front of the gargoyle; saying random flavors of bubblegum that she used to enjoy with her siblings.

"Spearmint. Hubba Bubba. Green Apple. Tangerine." The gargoyle moved at that. Leave it to Albus Dumbledore to choose a word that sounds fun. Walking up the steps since she was too impatient to let it move on it's own- Brena stood in front of the large door that would lead to Albus.

Brena never enjoyed seeing Albus. Never really being in his office since her main personality was submissive and shy. Never getting into trouble. But things were changing. It was the fact that she finally received her mission this year. She could finally- but no matter. It wasn't right to dwell on what might happen. She learned that at a young age. Never waste your time hoping for the future when the present was right in front of you. It was something her mother used to say.

But that was all before her 13th birthday. When she became who she was today. When her counterpart joined her. When her brother was taken.

Brena let out a sigh. Sucking in her bottom lip to relax herself some. The way up here, she had gone back to her normal self. Realizing what had happened, she was embarrassed. Nervous. But there was no changing what had happened. She made a quick movement to knock on the large thick door, but it opened before her knuckles could even touch the magnificent looking wood.

"Ahh Ms. Willard. I wondered when I would be having the pleasure of seeing you." Albus greeted from a large desk in the middle of the main room. The office was huge. Different sections showing different interests. The large telescope was pulling her interest but she averted her eyes to ignore the want to take a look at the burning balls of gas. "Please come in, come in." He urged as Brena was just standing there.

Brena swallowed before making her way into the office. Not knowing what to even say to the most intriguing wizard she'd ever met. Which wasn't saying much since she didn't know many wizards. A few magical creatures and such- but Dumbledore was possibly the most powerful she had met. Which scared her just the slightest.