Chapter XX: Day Four Pt 3

The art of Divination isn't practiced that often

The art of Divination isn't practiced that often. The people that do delve into the magical of answering futuristic questions don't always get what they want. Sometimes when you ask one question, it will answer another along side it or in place of it.

Remus Lupin sat across from Brena as she shuffled Tarot cards and placed them down, several times. Each time- every single time she placed the cards down- they were the same card in the same position. He barely got a chance to look over the cards before Brena would huff in frustration and pick the cards back up before starting the process over again.

"I have no idea what you're look for- but well- I don't understand it." Remus admitted. He seemed frustrated at not understanding something. Especially since his friend was having such an easy time understanding it. Brena kept shuffling the cards. "Brena?" Remus questioned when he saw she wasn't answering him. "Brena!" Remus exclaimed quietly reaching out and slamming his hand on the cards she was about to pick back up. Brena snapped her head up in shock.

"What?" She questioned in confusion. Her brown eyes still trying to refocus.

"What are you doing?" Remus asked simply. Not wanting to risk losing her to the cards again. Brena sighed as she placed the small deck down on the table.

"Somethings missing from the potion." Brena told him. Remus wanted to say he was disappointed, but he knew it was a long shot.

"And the cards are supposed to be...?" Remus dragged out, completely lost. Which didn't happen too often.

"Give me a hint." Brena sighed as she ran her hand through her hand in frustration. Remus looked down at the cards, trying to understand what she meant. Brena noticed his confusion. "I'm trying to figure out what I'm missing. The potion isn't far off, but the color is off- it caught on fire instead of sparks and the clouds are completely wrong." Brena ranted off. Remus stared at her before furrowing his eyebrows.

"Did you just say it caught on fire?" He asked. Brena nodded as she leaned down and got her notebook from her bag. Remus watched as she seemed to be looking in the book for the answer. "Mind if I take a look?" He questioned. Brena barely even glanced at him.

"Are you any good at Potions or Care of Magical Creatures?"

"No." Remus sighed. Brena looked up at him with a humored smile.

"Really? Not even Care of Magical creatures?" Remus snorted, shaking his head.

"No. But I know two people that could help you.." He trailed off. Brena raised an eyebrow at him. "Sirius is acing Care of Magical Creatures and Severus Snape is excellent at Potions." Brena stared at him with an unamused look before sighing.

"So I need to ask for help from two people who apparently despise each other?"

"Yes." Remus laughed.