Chapter XXV: Day Five Pt 2

Potions class was a review on the test they had taken the day before

Potions class was a review on the test they had taken the day before. Brena and Regulus both got O's, and apparently the only ones who had. Slughorn had decided they could have a free period while the rest of the class received a review.

"Are you mad at me?" Brena questioned as she followed after Regulus. He kept walking, glancing at her as she kept trying to step next to him.

"Of course not. Why would I be?" He questioned. Brena furrowed her eyebrows at him, not understanding.

"Because of James-"

"Because you shagged James Potter last night?" He interrupted. Brena sighed, pausing her stride. Regulus stopped, turning towards her when he noticed. "Why would I be upset about it?"

"I don't know! I told you what I wanted. What this couldn't be. But you walked away at Breakfast- so I have no idea why you would be upset." Brena scoffed in frustration. Regulus stared at her before letting out a sigh.

"You're right." He agreed. Brena raised her eyebrow at him, shocked he was agreeing with her in the first place. He paused, looking around as he heard footprints coming towards them. Grabbing Brena's hand he pulled her to a closet.

"What is up with you three pulling me into cupboards and such?" Brena huffed as he shushed her. Regulus stood close to her as he listened for a moment as whoever had walked down the hall left. "You know- this would seem like you were embarrassed of me." She hummed. Regulus glanced down at her, cracking a small smile.

"I'm sorry." He seemed to have issues getting the apology out. Shocking Brena more. "I shouldn't be jealous. You did tell me that you didn't want to be tied down. It's just that- Potter.. I don't like him." He admitted. Brena furrowed her eyebrows at him, confused.

"What did he do to you?" She questioned. Regulus let out a sigh, leaning back to rest against the wall of the small four by four room.

"Sirius left our family. He was the only person that understood what we both had to go through. What our parents would put us through- But then He ran away. He left us. Left me. For him." Regulus explained, glaring at the ground in between us. I frowned as I walked up to him, grabbing his hand and playing with his large fingers.

"You hold a grudge on James for taking Sirius from you." She figured out. Regulus stayed silent, watching her play with his fingers, twisting his family ring on his middle finger. "Have you spoke to either of them about it?"

"I shouldn't have to." He huffed immediately. "He's my brother. He's a Black." Brena sighed, lacing her fingers with his.

"You should talk to Sirius." She told him carefully. "He's your brother."

"He won't listen." Regulus mumbled. His eyes now looking to his left arm. Glaring at it. Brena stared at his arm, before sighing.

"He will listen." Brena told him. Her confidence in her response was nearly enough to make him believe it as well. Brena kept her eyes on his left forearm- as if she could see the mark on his arm herself. She knew it was there. They both did. "I live with Fenrir Greyback outside of school." She whispered so lowly that he almost didn't hear her. Almost.