Chapter LXXV: Life and Death

The days went by slightly easier for Brena

The days went by slightly easier for Brena. She was still locked away in her room. Tom Riddle would come to see her regularly, making sure she ate her food and told her repeatedly she needed to sleep. The bags under her eyes could house mice for a sleepover.

Every once in a while she would doze off only to jerk awake at the tiniest of sounds. It never seemed to take much. A floor board creaking. The wind tickling the window. A mouse scurrying in the wall. Everything seemed to make her jolt awake.

Tom decided to take it into his own hands this time. Needing to test some loyalties as there was.

"I can't believe you got yourself caught." Brena turned around to see a familiar face looking at her with pity. A ghost of a smile tugged at her lips before fading back.

"Narcissa.."

"You are being stupid, you know. Not sleeping? Come on." Narcissa walked over to the bed and beckoned for Brena to come over to join. Brena cracked a smile at her.

"Narcissa, I'm sorry- I don't really bend that way." Narcissa gave Brena a look before pursing her lips. Brena sighed, walking over to the bed. Once sat down, she rolled into laying down. Her stomach becoming more of a obstacle every day.

"Get some sleep. I'll stay here with you." Narcissa assured her, moving her hand to Brena's hair and combing through it slowly. Brena closed her eyes but her thoughts were rolling still.

"He's wanting to take my child." Brena whispered as Narcissa combed her hair, pausing at what she had heard.

"Do you have a plan?" Narcissa asked after a moment. Her voice sounded worried and small.

"He promised to help me- save me from my fate... after that happens..." Brena trailed off for a second, wetting her lips as sleep was trying to take her under. "I need you to tell them to do it.. destroy them.." Narcissa's hand paused at the words Brena had whispered.

"Now? But with you here-"

"I'll be okay. Once Talvi is- if he can make it so I'm not dying.. I can take care of myself." Brena told her before tilting her head back slightly to look at the young woman. "Once they destroy them, you and Lucius will stay with them- or run."

"I'm not leaving you here. Now get some sleep before I put you out with other methods." She threatened. Brena let out a tired laugh before letting sleep take her.

 Brena let out a tired laugh before letting sleep take her