Chapter III: Day One Pt 2

Our young witch rushed up the stairs to the Divination room

Our young witch rushed up the stairs to the Divination room. It was a dreadful race for her to make it in time after Charms was over. She felt a bit better knowing only some Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs share this class with her. Not many wanting to give up Care of Magical Creatures for some hobnash of a class.

But Brena reveled in the relaxing class. She believed it was calm and put her mind at ease. Her mind had been terribly full since her 3rd year in school. Two years of keeping herself calm and collective had always been a challenge. But that fatal day her life changed forever. Now, keeping her head down and not alerting others to her existence. Even though some people made that seemingly difficult.

Once in the class she saw only one seat available causing a sigh to leave her lips before moving towards it. A Gryffindor sat opposite of her with a cup of tea. He looked at her and smiled.

"Hello." He greeted politely. Brena smiled at him as she placed her bag down next to her seat. "You're Lily's friend, right?"

"Uh acquaintance, but in her eyes, I suppose." Brena responded, her head slightly bowed as she did to most of the males in the school. Remus tilted his head at her bowed head but said nothing on the matter. Only letting out a short laugh at the words she said.

"Sounds like Lily." He agreed as he stood up and poured her some tea. "We're reading tea leaves today." He mentioned causing Brena to nod. She figured as much. She was a bit embarrassed on arriving late to class, but neither of the two mentioned it. "I'm Remus Lupin, by the way. I don't believe we've ever been introduced formally." He explained, holding his hand out over the table. Brena looked up at his hand, unsure whether or not to shake it. But deciding on going ahead. His hand was huge compared to hers.

"Brena Willard." She smiled, pulling her hand back and sipping her tea. Remus had just finished his and was waiting politely for Brena to finish.

"What class do you have next?" He asked curiously. He had always seen Brena around. She was the type to keep to herself and he was the same. Unfortunately, he was gifted the friends he had. Loud and careless. So the idea of having Brena as a potential companion was a decent and peaceful thought.

"Transfiguration." She told him as she placed her teacup down in front of him and took his. She wasn't looking forward to her next class. It was something she struggled with- but somehow she always managed well with her counterpart. "Hmm." She hummed looking at his tea leaves, turning the cup ever so carefully. This was her second time taking this class, so she understood how it all worked. Unlike Remus, who only started to take it this year to get away from the magical creatures class that Sirius and James insisted on taking.

"Don't tell me you can see my death." Remus joked, causing Brena to glance up with a slight glint of humor in her eyes. Remus felt his stomach twist at the glint before she glanced back down. "Oh, god. Tell me it isn't so." He proceeded with his playful poke. Brena shook her head at him.