Chapter II: Day One Pt 1

The day was bright and forthcoming

The day was bright and forthcoming. It was sunny for the first day of the week, the spring weather was coming closer to summer and the temperature was starting to show it. But atlas, school was in session for our young students. Learning charms to jinx each other and potions to remedy good health.

Brena was currently sitting in potions class. Eyes glazed seemingly like she was in a daze. Her left hand flicking back and forth causing the wooden spoon to stir her concoction. Professor Slughorn was pacing the aisles in between the desks, glancing at the students works. His eyes stopping at Brena's potion. The dark mixture looked to be nearing completion, which was odd since they hadn't been working too long on it.

"Ms. Willard? Is your Draught already done?" He questioned, pulling the young witch's attention from her inner thoughts. Her brown eyes snapped up to the professor not even realizing what was happening.

He didn't seem to notice as he took a petal and dropped it into the potion, watching as it burned into nothing

He didn't seem to notice as he took a petal and dropped it into the potion, watching as it burned into nothing. Slughorn let out a loud laugh of excitement, clapping his hands together. "Oh, my! We seem to have a natural in the classroom!" Brena turned red as she looked around at her fellow Hufflepuffs and the Slytherin's that shared this class with her before snapping her head down in what looked to be a submissive bow.

"Thank you, Professor." She mumbled, blinking her eyes shut before grabbing her bag and standing up. The bell ringing causing everyone to look around confused. Class had just started not ten minutes ago. Brena wasted no time in scurrying out of the classroom, leaving everyone in complete confusion.

"Well that was odd- I suppose the time just simply passed with the fun! See you all tomorrow!" Slughorn clapped as the other students stood to leave. Only one actually staring off into space.

Regulus Black was befuddled by the girl who had just acted terrified of the nice Professor. Or was that even why she acted that way?

Glancing at his pocket watch, he noticed that it had only been ten minutes into class. Did Brena set the bell off to save herself? Why did she seem so confused when she was praised for being done already? How did she finish the potion that quickly to begin with?