Chapter LVIII: Prophecy and Horcruxes

Tom Riddle's DiaryGaunt's RingHufflepuff's cupSlytherin LocketRavenclaw's DiademNagini

Tom Riddle's Diary
Gaunt's Ring
Hufflepuff's cup
Slytherin Locket
Ravenclaw's Diadem
Nagini

Brena took a deep breath as she stared at the list she had written in her book. Six Horcrux's. Sitting back in her bed, she stared at the crystal ball that laid near the notebook. The same images kept floating through it. Marlene. Mary. The twins.

The prophecy of Harry Potter was already set in stone- even with Lily and James not being together. Which did set off some alarms in Brena's mind. Will he cheat on her? Leave her? She didn't want to even think of the possibility. But she couldn't help it.

Harry Potter. The boy who will live. Lily dies protecting him. She saw that. She could hear the scream of her friend as she begged for mercy for her son.

"Not Harry!! Please not Harry!!"

Brena blinked back the sounds, tears flooding into her eyes as she relived the vision. She hadn't seen James' death in a while, but Lily's was nonstop.

"Brenny?" Brena snapped her eyes open to see James standing there. Speak of the devil. His glasses reflected the horrid light as he walked towards her. Regulus and Sirius were both in class- this must had been James' free period. "What's going on? Sirius saw you went to Dumbledore yesterday."

"I um- yeah. Just planning." She mumbled, scooting over slightly as the messy haired man moved to sit next to her. James reached over and grabbed her notebook, looking over the list she had just written.

"Horcruxes?" He questioned before his blue eyes caught a word completely scribbled out. "You already have one?" He brought his eyes up to meet hers, curious and excited but also confused.

"Uh- not exactly." She mumbled, taking the notebook and closing it before shoving it into her nightstand. "It's complicated."

"I'm terrible at complicated." James admitted with a smile, trying to ease the tension that was clearly building. "What's going on?"

"I can't- I shouldn't really talk about it. Future can be a bit- finicky." She offered him. James furrowed his eyebrows, not wanting to accept that as an answer.

"Would you rather discuss it with someone else? Does it have to do with me? I can get Sirius or Reggie?" He paused for a second before letting out a harsh sigh. "Or even- Sniv-Snape." He corrected himself quickly. Brena glanced over at him, frowning before nodding.

"Severus. Yeah- I'm sorry." She apologized, seeing the look in his eyes when she was beginning to agree to it. James shook his head.