Chapter XIV: Day Three Pt 2

Albus Dumbledore sat there, listening to the story of how Brena Willard became who she was

Albus Dumbledore sat there, listening to the story of how Brena Willard became who she was. He felt a mixture of emotions running through him as he listened. Sadness, for her loss at such a young age. Guilt, for her having to continue going through it. But yet, he also felt relief. Relieved for her finally coming to him for help. It showed that she wasn't evil, nor was she wanting to hurt any of her peers.

Brena Willard was an innocent girl who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Dragged against her will into the life of a Witch. She only wanted few things in this lifetime of hers. Her Brother, Phineas. Their freedom from the Big Bad Wolf. And possibly a new life. A new beginning for both her and her brother.

"Is that all?" Albus asked once Brena had stopped talking. The young fifteen year old looked up at her professor in shock.

"Is that all? I just told you I was a muggle in your school and sent here to take one of your students." Brena reexplained in a tone that screamed she didn't understand. Albus nodded.

"For good reason from what I hear." He told her before waving his hand for the tea kettle to float over to her and refill her tea. "How old would you say Phineas is today?" He questioned. Pulling the thickness of tension in the air apart with his simple question.

"Uh..Seven, sir." Brena told him.

"And how is the cure going?"

"It's not going great- although Sirius Black did bring to my attention Phoenix tears... but I'm still waiting on the book for that." Brena explained, taking a sip of her tea carefully. Albus smiled at her before waving his hand around again. A book came flying from the tall bookcase in the room before floating to his hand. It was large and red- tattered from the continuous use.

"Well, I believe it's a good thing I have this then." He placed the book on the desk as Brena stood from her seat with excitement and looked over the book. Albus nodded to her when she looked up. As if she was asking for permission to touch the book. A large orange and red phoenix was sprawled out on the cover, the eye a small ruby glinting in the light. "Go then.." Albus urged with a smile.

Brena pulled the book closer to her, opening it slowly. The sketches and words were so fancy, she could only imagine it was written by a well off man or woman.

"This is perfect." Brena breathed in relief. The book basically dived into the world of poisons and cures. Showing that it had been a theory of another to use this. But what they never tried was mixing it with more than one potion. "I could use the tears of a Phoenix with the Wolfsbane- Dittany...Oh, my god." Brena breathed as she grabbed her notebook from her bag and Albus let out a laugh of joy.

"Have I just witnessed a breakthrough? It's been years since I have seen one of these." He watched as Brena snapped her eyes back to look at him.

"Professor...I think I have the cure for Lycanthropy.."