Chapter XXX: Day Six Pt 1

Brena stared at Remus who looked confused for a moment as the question left her mouth

Brena stared at Remus who looked confused for a moment as the question left her mouth. She was just as confused as he looked.

"You don't remember?" Brena shook her head, a wave of dizziness running through her at the shake of her head. "You were here before we all got here. Poppy said that Regulus Black brought you in after you got swatted by the Whomping Willow."

"I was hit by that stupid tree??" Brena let out an annoyed huff of air, laying her head back into the firm pillow. "That tree has hated me since I came here."

"Yes, she doesn't particularly enjoy birds flying near her." Brena and Remus snapped their gaze to see Albus Dumbledore enter the Hospital Wing. His eyes glimmering with amusement as he glanced at the three boys sleeping. Peter snoring loudly as James and Sirius cuddled into each other.

"It's a she?!" Brena exclaimed in aggravation, making the boys jerk upwards out of their sleep.

"WHAT?!" Sirius shouted in surprise as James just let out a yelp. Peter whimpered in fear. Their eyes looked to Brena instantly, their eyes relaxing as they saw their friend was awake and okay. "Brena!!!" Sirius jumped up out of his seat, pushing James to the floor as he did so with a thud and grunt.

"Mr. Black, please keep your voice down." Albus spoke with hilarity in his tone. Sirius glanced at Dumbledore as he sat on the bed next to Brena on the side where her arm wasn't in a sling. "How are you feeling, Ms. Willard?" Dumbledore asked as he glanced back to Brena.

"Like I've been hit by the Hogwarts Express." Brena groaned as Sirius wrapped his arm around her and pulled her to rest on his chest. He muttered a sorry for causing any pain he had caused as Albus nodded and seemed to float over to them, his robes covering his feet from view.

"That is very likely. The Whomping Willow does not enjoy birds, let alone unregistered animagus." Albus smiled slightly as the boys paled, but Brena did not.

"You know?!"
"He knows?"

James and Sirius both panicked as Peter kept quiet and looked away. Like a scared mouse, trying not to be seen. Brena rolled her eyes at the boys.

"He's Albus Dumbledore. He literally knows everything- almost." Brena muttered. Albus smiled at the girl before frowning.

"I regret that I do know a lot of things- definitely not everything, but quite a bit." Albus ranted about before pulling something from his robe pocket. "I actually came here for more than just a check in." He strode over to the side of the bed with the bit of paper, rolled up and secured with a small string.

"What is this? A summons?" Brena joked. Her head felt like it was screwed on wrong from the hit. Like when you go to screw a lid back on and it jumps the track. Albus shook his head, chuckling lightly.

"No. This is your family tree." Brena stared at him. If she thought she was confused before- she couldn't even begin to process how she had felt now. "After you had told me the story of the bond you made with your sister, I felt my curiosity expand." Albus explained. "The bond you spoke of- it doesn't work unless there are special circumstances. It's an old practice that they used to perform on the imperfect purebloods. A way to bring forth their magic. Their magic that is buried, but indeed there." Albus explained. Brena felt like her mind was about to melt from trying to figure out what he was talking about. But Remus was the one to put it together for her.