Chapter XLIV: Summer; Crash into Me

The summer went on drastically fast

The summer went on drastically fast. Brena thought of it as one of her best Summers ever since her last one with her family. James kept trying to get her to agree to going out with him. A new hobby of his, that was odd but enjoyable. For both Brena and Sirius, not so much James. Sirius thought it was hilarious because it seemed Brena was telling him no to drive him crazy, which in truth it did. But in reality, Brena was teaching James a lesson.

She was there for him when he wanted someone else. And now that he wanted her- she wasn't going to allow it to be easy. It started with a large quantity of lilacs showing up on her pillow at the Potter's, only proving it really was James who had done it at Hogwarts. Then came the cotton candy. Which honestly, Brena almost gave in at. She loves cotton candy. Absolutely, and the fact that he remembered made her smile.

But she truly wanted to see what else he would be doing to earn her back. So she restrained.

Sirius kept sleeping over more than James did. Rewatching Grease and laughing as they both sang along to the lyrics. It was becoming a tradition every other night. James was too focused on trying to find a way to win her back to even realize he was missing out on movie nights. He was becoming a bit jealous of his best mate. Sirius had a thing with Brena. They bought a motorbike together. They went to a beach no where near them. Sirius admitted to loving her.

James was shocked at that. But he remembered the day that Sirius had first seen Brena. Their fourth year and her beginning third year. Being sorted. His friends eyes following the girl from the moment she was sorted to the moment she sat alone at the Hufflepuff table. He was infatuated but too stubborn to admit it. Sirius Black had always had a crush on Brena Willard.

James was glad for his friend. But he was still jealous.

But as the Summer came closer to the end. Brena realized something. She hadn't heard from Regulus Black at all. Not even a tiny talk on their cans. Her worry for him overpowered the worry she had for the future or her own personal drama. Was he okay? Did he go on a dangerous mission? Did he get tortured too much? Did he not want her anymore?

So the night that everything changed, Brena wasn't expecting Regulus to be the one who did it. It was late. Sirius and James were still up and hanging out with Monty and Mia who surprisingly was still awake. Brena had gone up to her room to change into some pajamas for the night. But when she entered her room, someone was there.

A scream bustled to come out of her mouth before the mystery man ran up to her and clamped his firm soft hand to her mouth. Flicking the light on next to her, his face came into view.

"Reg?" Brena whispered once his hand left her mouth. There he stood in all his glory. Tall, dark and handsome. Had he grown a few inches? Got his hair snipped? She stared at him as she tried to find the differences in his look. His eyes were hard. Like he was holding in everything he had been through. Everything that had hurt him or broke him.

Brena reached up, placing her hand on his sunken cheek. His reaction was to immediately lean into her touch. Embracing the warmth her skin radiated. A shiver ran through him silently as her fingers brushed along his cheekbone, pushing a stray curl behind his ear.

"Where have you been? What happened to you?" Regulus closed his eyes as he enjoyed her touch for a moment longer before he spoke.

"I was being watched. Bellatrix hinted that I've been getting too close to you in a different way than what the mission called for." He explained. His voice coming out husky. "I think I deterred them for now. Told them I was trying to seduce you into the dark side." Brena let out a snort, stepping up on to her tiptoes and pressing her lips to his gently. Regulus closed his eyes as he pulled away from her. A pang of hurt hitting Brena in the chest as he looked like he was restraining himself.

"Did I do something?" Brena asked slowly. Her thoughts going into freak out mode. Going through every possible thing she could have done to offend him.

"No, of course not- I-" Regulus took a deep breath as he looked into Brena's eyes. He was fighting with himself. She could see it. He didn't want to tell her something.

"Tell me, Reg. What is it?" Regulus let out a sigh before he spoke of why he came here tonight. His words caused Brena's ears to ring. The world began to spin. Her eyes began to burn as tears flooded her eyes. The world came crashing down on her as her legs gave out from under her. Regulus went to catch her only for him to fall with her.

"No!!! No!!!" Brena screamed, pushing him away as she sobbed out. Regulus tried to hold on to her but she pushed him away too hard, causing him to stumble back and her to kneel on the ground in tears. Feet pounded on the floor before the door slammed open. Sirius and James stood there, confused when they saw Regulus but then panicked when they saw Brena in sobs on the ground. Her eyes shut tightly as she screamed out in pain. A scream that caused all of their hearts to break.

James kneeled in front of her, pulling her into his arms as Sirius turned to Regulus, talking to him. Euphemia and Fleamont showed up in the doorway, having not been as fast as the boys. Mia placing her hand over her mouth in sorrow as they both listened to Regulus explain.

"No.. please." Brena cried, her hands clenching onto James' shirt as she buried her face into his chest. James tightened his arms around her, pulling her onto his lap as he rocked her back and forth. His eyes on Sirius and Regulus, as if trying to find out what to do.

"Shh." Sirius hummed calmly, kneeling next to James and running his hand over her back in an attempt to sooth her. But nothing would sooth her. Not this time. Her world had just came crashing down around her. Her will to fight. Her family... Gone.

"Mom, can you get Remus?" James asked Mia, thinking the only way to get through this, was going to be together.

A/N: So thats that

A/N: So thats that.... Hope it was good.

Should next chapter be 1st person???

End of Note.