Chapter IX: Day Two Pt 3

Lunch came around in no time

Lunch came around in no time. Brena was already exhausted at the two Gryffindor boys. James and Sirius were completely serious when they had declared a war between the two of them- and Remus although he didn't want involved. When Transfiguration was over, Sirius had grabbed Brena's bag, carrying it for her. James had tried to levitate Brena so she didn't have to walk.

But even McGonagall yelled at him for that. He then offered to piggy back her, which Sirius ended up jumping on his back with a yell that sounded like a battle cry and they were off. With Brena's bag. Remus and Peter stayed back with Brena as they sighed and walked after the two loud Marauders.

By the time that the three students got to the Great Hall for lunch, James and Sirius were already sat at the Hufflepuff table. James on one side and Sirius on the other. Like they were setting up for Brena to pick one again. She looked at Remus and Peter who both were already looking at her to see what she would do. Brena inhaled in annoyance before moving to the table and going towards Sirius. He already had a shit eating grin on his face as it seemed she was picking him, but when she got to him, she grabbed her bag and walked away from them.

What really shocked them was that she went towards the Slytherin table. Her eyes on two boys who sat near each other. Sitting in between them she placed her bag down and looked over at Sirius and James who were staring at her in shock and a bit of anger.

"What are you doing, mudblood?!" Brena looked up to see Bellatrix had seen her come to the table. With a harsh glare back at her, Brena let out a huff of air.

"I'm avoiding your cousin and Potter. Now leave me alone and get back to your knitting." Brena snapped in annoyance. Bellatrix glared harshly.

"Leave her alone, Bella. She's here to sit with me." Regulus spoke up, shushing his cousin. He sat on the left of Brena where as Severus Snape sat on the right. No one was across from them. Brena could have easily sat across from them- but then she risked the two Gryffindors coming to bother her some more. She could see Remus and Peter were laughing at James and Sirius.   Brena looked to her left and saw Regulus already looking at her. A ghost of a smirk on his face.

"Thanks for that." Brena said as she stared back at him. He gave a slight nod at her before looking away and moving to eat his food. Releasing a light sigh of relief of not needing to make conversation, Brena reached out and began to place some food on her plate. Ending up with some shredded chicken and asparagus.

Reaching into her bag, she pulled out her potions book to work on her notes for it as she ate her lite meal. Feeling the eyes on her. She knew that Sirius and James were staring at her. Brena also knew a lot of Slytherins, Hufflepuffs, Ravenclaws and Gryffindors were staring at her. Along with Severus. She glanced at him to see he was actually looking at her book.

"You write in your potions book as well?" He questioned as he looked over the notes she had been writing in the margin in the potion for Felix luck.

"Sometimes." She shrugged.