Chapter XLVIII: Summer; Celebration of Life

"We're here!" Sirius announced happily

"We're here!" Sirius announced happily. Brena looked up from her hands. Her eyes lighting up at the bright colors that seemed to paint the scene in front of her. The music filling her ears as James had opened his door to get out. Laughter and chatter mixing with the music before the screams rang into her ears.

Machines whirled to life, bringing more screams and laughter out of the crowd of people. Lights flashing and people walking around. James came around and opened her door for her, helping her out of the car only for the smell to smack her in the face. From sweet, sugary sweets to the savory deep dried goodness. Brena was filled with excitement. No matter what was going on it her mind, this was just the thing she needed.

"A Carnival?" Brena questioned, trying to hide her child like excitement. James grinned as he watched Brena fight back the smile on her lips.

"A Circus carnival." James corrected as Brena noticed the clowns walking around. Some making balloon animals while others were hitting each other to get a laugh.

"So what are we doing first?" Sirius asked as he clapped his hands together and rubbed them together in excitement. He had never been to a place like this. It was full of muggles and their technology. It looked like something he may have read about in Muggle studies that everyone had to take at Hogwarts.

"Maybe... ride some rides?" Brena questioned, unsure if she was the one he was asking or not. Sirius turned to look at her and his smile turned larger.

"Ooo! Can we try that one first?" Sirius asked, his eyes looking like those of an excited puppy. Brena laughed, nodding as James wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her close as Sirius led the way.

"It's like we're married with a kid." James teasingly joked. Brena glanced up at him as he was looking at Sirius. Brena snorted before shoving James off her.

"I see myself marrying Regulus or Sirius before you." Brena told him jokingly causing James to huff.

"Oh really? I don't see Sirius or Regulus planning a day of fun." James pouted. Brena smiled, shaking her head before grabbing his hand.

"I'm sure the future can change."