Chapter LXIII: Negative

Weeks went by before Brena heard anything from Narcissa Malfoy

Weeks went by before Brena heard anything from Narcissa Malfoy. It was the first time in days that Brena had been left alone- If it wasn't for Regulus living with her, James and Sirius were with her twenty-four seven. Worried over the girl who didn't see herself as the hero in this story.

Today though, everyone was in class and she was currently bent over the toilet.

"Did you drink? I don't remember you drinking last night to be vomiting now." Brena heard from the mirror that was placed on the door that was pointed at her.

"Ugh- no." Brena gasped out, shaking her head before lifting her head from the toilet. "It must be from from the blood bond-" She was interrupted by another gag.

"You think it's escalating?" Talvi questioned. Brena couldn't answer immediately, but when the nausea passed, she laid her head on her arms as a shiver ran down her back. "If it is... does that mean the plan will-"

"I have no choice. It's either we both go out or just you." Brena sat up, taking some toilet paper to wipe her mouth. "I don't want to die, Talvi..." She whispered, looking at the reflection after flushing the toilet.

"You couldn't be...pregnant, could you?" Talvi questioned with hopefulness in her voice. Brena furrowed her brows, shaking her head.

"We're always careful." Brena went to speak again when a tapping nose sounded from out in the room. Brena eased herself off the floor and moved to the window where a large eagle owl was tapping at the window anxiously. She moved over to it quickly, unhooking the window before letting the owl step in onto the ledge. "Hey, big guy." Brena coaxed the bird, running the back of her fingers against its feathers before reaching down and taking the note that was attached to it.

It was from Narcissa. A quick scrawl of a message written out elegantly still-

Library.
I won't wait.
-N.M.

Brena sighed, moving to her nightstand to grab some treats for the owl, feeding it to it before letting it fly back out and locking the window back up. Grabbing the cloak that James had left behind for her, she moved to leave the room, glad that she had felt the nausea pass for now.

 Grabbing the cloak that James had left behind for her, she moved to leave the room, glad that she had felt the nausea pass for now

Narcissa sat in the library, tapping her foot to the floor anxiously. Looking around every time someone seemed to look her way or when someone would walk pass her. It was the time that the majority of the dark lord followers were in class or in their own meetings. It helped that no one she was associated to even went into the library these days. They had no reason when they had all the knowledge they needed back at home. Whatever dark magic they wanted to learn.

She was about ready to head back to her common room to relax, seeing as Brena wasn't there yet. She had warned the girl that she wouldn't wait. She couldn't take any more risks. The diary and cup were a heavy burden in her bag. A bag that held so many charms to disguise the dark magic that was held within. Her stomach was flipping around in panic.

Would she get caught? Her cousin was busted. Now he was hunted. A bright red target painted on his back in fresh blood. The dark lord has requested his head on a silver platter essentially.

Narcissa took a deep breath. She could take it back. She had time. Just take it back to where she had gotten it. No one would know.

"Sorry I'm late." Brena Willard breathed out. One look at the girl and Narcissa could see something was off about the girl. A light sheen of sweat covered her face that was already slightly paler than the olive tone girl was used to.

"You're sick." Narcissa pointed out. Her eyes glancing over the girl slowly. "No." She shook her head. She had seen this before. Her distant cousin had just gone through this recently. "You're pregnant." Brena snapped her eyes to the girl in shock before shaking her head.

"No. Definitely not. I have some health problems." Brena informed her carefully. "Nothing to concern yourself with, I assure you. Do you have what I asked for?" Narcissa narrowed her eyes at the girl. She knew she wasn't just normal sick. She was in denial. Or maybe she truly did not believe it was possible. Regardless, it wasn't her problem. Although, she did wonder if the child would be her cousin or the Potter boys kid.

"I do." She reached into her normal school bag before pulling out a small satchel with drawstrings. Brena raised her eyebrow at it. "It's charmed. Protection charms and the extension charm." She pulled out a small piece of paper and handed them both to Brena. "I wrote down the reversal. Probably best you make sure it safe before you undo it. Maybe out of the school and away from the deatheaters that lurk the shadows."

"Thank you again, Narcissa. You have no idea how much this helps-"

"Just make sure you end it." Narcissa interrupted, her eyes looking around cautiously. "Don't mess it up. If they find out someone helped you from within-" Brena shook her head.

"I promise, you are safe." Brena assured her again, placing her hand over the young witches.

The two sat in silence for a moment before Brena thought of something.

"Narcissa? I know you've already done so much to help me and I'm not asking for any information that would cost a life- but-" Brena took a breath before letting it out shakily. "Have you seen a boy named Phineas? He's got shaggy blonde hair- um hazel eyes... he's just a boy.." Narcissa frowned at the girl. Her head moving side to side.

"I haven't- they don't bring children in until they are at least fifteen and only if they are a guarantee in." She explained causing Brena's heart to sink.

"Thank you again. I should get out of here- before someone sees me with you." Brena said, standing quickly and nearly falling back down at the sudden movement. Narcissa jumped up quickly, steadying the girl before she could fall over.

"Brena... you need to get checked out. If you're pregnant and these are your symptoms- pregnancy is going to be a long nine months for you.." Narcissa warned, trying to get into the girls head to at least see Pomfrey, or anyone.

"I'm not pregnant!" Brena snapped harshly in a low whisper. "I'm dying." Narcissa let out a gasp, her hands pulling back like she was just introduced to the black plague.

"Brena..." The Slytherin whispered quietly. Brena shook her head.

"Thanks again. I'll be in touch when you need to get out of here. Won't be until graduation by the latest."

With that Brena covered herself in the cloak and disappeared from view. Narcissa could only stand there frozen for the moment. She could swear the girl was pregnant. But maybe...maybe she was wrong.

A/N: Soooooo

A/N: Soooooo.....

Thoughts? 😁