Chapter XIII: Flashback

Eight year old Brena was ecstatic when her older sister, Talvi, got her letter for Ilvermourny

Eight year old Brena was ecstatic when her older sister, Talvi, got her letter for Ilvermourny. It was a pleasant surprise for the whole NoMaj family. The thought that something so magical existed out in the world. It was marvelous. Brena couldn't wait to get her letter. Couldn't wait to join the excitement of the Magical World. She wasn't allowed to join her sister and mother in shopping for her school supplies.

It was a disappointment for the young girl, but she knew it would be so much more magical to indulge in the new world when she gets her own invite. It was like a golden ticket. The one you get when you won something amazing.

Brena jumped up with her Dog calendar. A countdown marked onto the calendar to her next birthday. She was made when she couldn't find a three year calendar for the true countdown. But she was still excited.

-

Three years was a long time to wait. But here Brena Willard was, watching her princess clock tick down to the Twelve which was a Cinderella carriage. The excitement in her was bubbling as she watched it tick slowly.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" Talvi shouted as she barged into her young sisters room. Throwing homemade confetti into the air as the clock hit the big Carriage. Brena grinned at her sister, jumping up and running over to her.

"I'm eleven!!!" Brena shouted. Her joy filling her older sister with it as well. Talvi hugged her sister before pulling out a small present. The brown paper looked to be from the grocer.

"Early present for the birthday girl!" Talvi was grinning as Brena took the present in excitement. "Go on, open it!" Brena jumped into peeling the brown paper off the object before seeing what it was.

"A book?" Brena questioned as she looked at the book in her hands. "Unfogging the Future..?" Brena questioned as she read the book.

"It's the book I had to read for Divination

"It's the book I had to read for Divination. It's about reading people and telling the future." Talvi told her little sister. "A lot of magic in that book." She told her sister. Brena's eyes brightened up as she looked at the dull looking book.

"I'll read it tonight! Thank you!!!" Brena reached out, hugging her older sister tightly in appreciativeness.

-