Chapter VII: Day Two pt 1

A cloudy morning at Hogwarts was what every student woke up to

A cloudy morning at Hogwarts was what every student woke up to. Breakfast was spent in the great hall as it usually was. Brena, our Hufflepuff was currently sitting on her own at the Hufflepuff table. Her plate held a spoonful of scrambled eggs and toast loaded with butter. Her goblet held a large amount of pumpkin juice. But she wasn't eating. Instead her bandaged right hand was pushing the eggs around with her fork.

Her eyes were dazed off as she was lost in thought. Only breaking her thought when someone sat down loudly in front of her.

"Well this seems depressing." Brena snapped her gaze up to see the Potter boy sitting in front of her. He smiled at her before scooping some eggs to his own plate. "So- you're a loner?" He asked as he kept piling food on his plate. Sirius came up behind him, smacking his head before sitting next to his loud friend. "Ow!"

"You can't say shit like that." Sirius scolded the messy hair friend. Sirius looked to Brena about to speak but stopped when his eyes landed on her bandaged hand. "What happened?" He questioned immediately. James followed his friends gaze to the bandaged hand, eyebrows furrowed.

"Nothing." Brena told him without hesitation. "You two do know that the Gryffindor table is over there?" Brena told them and nodded over to the direction of their table.

"But we wanted to sit with our new friend." James said with a grin as he reached out and grabbed her already buttered toast. Sirius stayed silent as he glared at the bandage. But Brena didn't pay him any mind. Next to come sit at the table was Remus followed by Peter.

"Are we Hufflepuffs now?" Remus questioned as he sat next to Brena. His attention pulled to her hand, but he didn't question it since Sirius had already been glaring at it. He could only assume that something happened that she wouldn't be sharing. But he fought the curiosity as he looked to James.

"I think Hufflepuff would be fun. Maybe we can have special Hufflepuff meetings in the kitchen." James spoke his thoughts as he shoveled eggs into his mouth.

"Maybe we could have a meeting today." Sirius pipped up, his gaze on Brena to see if she would say anything.

"I'm busy today." She answered, nonchalantly. Brena seemed to be brushing the Marauders off more today than she had yesterday. "Remus, did you do the Transfiguration homework?" She questioned looking at Remus who was shocked she was speaking to him.

"I did. Did you need help on it?" He asked causing Brena to nod.

"If you don't mind. I can never remember how to conjure inanimate objects." Remus pulled his bag up to get his essay out so he could better help her. But before he could get his paper on the table, James had placed his paper down.

"I'm the one who is great in Transfiguration." James boasted as he grinned at Brena. Remus sighed.

"He is. He helped me on mine. Believe it or not." James pouted at Remus, looking slightly offended at his friend. Brena shook her head, standing up.