Chapter IV: Day One Pt 3

Lily continued to drag Brena into the Great Hall

Lily continued to drag Brena into the Great Hall. Brena of course didn't fight the red head at all. She knew she had no way of telling her that she wished to eat alone or how she preferred to eat outside under the luscious trees. Lily kept pulling her until they were sat at the Hufflepuff table together.

"You know- I always thought I was made for Hufflepuff." Lily Evans chimed as she started to plop food onto her plate that had appeared. Brena looked at her with a tilt of her head. "Either that or Ravenclaw."

"And yet you are a Gryffindor." Brena nodded. A smile on her lips as her eyes glazed over for a split second. "I was meant for Slytherin." She wiggled her eyebrows at the curious witch playfully. "But I suppose my main personality screamed Badger."

"The hat mentioned Slytherin for you?" Lily asked, intrigued. She was the only one who seemed to be neutral with the houses. Not wanting to claim the evil that clearly lurked in the house of snakes. "I wonder why. You don't seem cunning nor sly." Brena tsked at the young witch, shaking her head.

"Should never judge a book by it's cover." She hummed before blinking rapidly. "Sorry- uh Have you tried the Yorkshire pudding? It-it's uh delicious." Brena stammered as she scooped said substance onto her plate. Lily tilted her head at her, slightly noticing her change. Before she could say a word about it though, people came running over to them sitting down.

"The Great Hall looks different at this angle." James pointed out as he sat across from Lily, sending her a flirty smile followed by a wink. Sirius had taken the spot next to him, across from Brena. Remus sighing as he sat next to Brena.

"I tried to keep them tamed-" Remus tried but Lily shook her head at him.

"Nobody can tame these- creatures." She huffed. Brena snorted at this. Sirius looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Something funny, sweetheart?" He questioned, leaning forward on the table. His eyebrows furrowed as Brena blinked more and lowered her head.

"Um- excuse me." Brena mumbled, standing up with her bag and rushing out of the Great Hall. Lily reached over, smacking Sirius on the back of the head.

"Thanks for scaring her off!" She snapped before letting out a sigh.

"Ow!" Sirius muttered, rubbing his head as he stared at where Brena was just at. "She's something else. A bit strange- isn't she?" Sirius pointed out. Lily shook her head as Remus sighed at his friend. James looked between Lily and Sirius before reaching out and smacking Sirius for Lily. "Ow!! Seriously!?" Sirius barked. Remus sighed at his friends before standing up. "And where are you going?" Sirius asked as he rubbed the back of his head.

"To see if she is okay." Remus announced.

"I didn't even say anything mean. Dunno why you twits are making it seem like I scared her off. I only asked what was so funny." Sirius huffed as he pulled the plate that Brena had piled up with Yorkshire pudding and started to eat it.