Chapter XLI: Summer; And We will Fly

After the emotional reunion between Lyall and his Niece, he made it a point to invite Brena to come over whenever she had wanted

After the emotional reunion between Lyall and his Niece, he made it a point to invite Brena to come over whenever she had wanted. And she did. Brena went over to the Lupin Residence once a week. Always accompanied by either Sirius or James though to make her more comfortable.

James and Sirius were worried about Brena. Sirius had told James about what had happened in the bathroom that night. After that, Sirius had taken to offering sleepovers. Him and James crowded into her room to watch movies and in Sirius's own words Gossip about the latest boys in Hufflepuff. He even had Brena talk about Regulus at one point.

Brena knew what the boys were doing. She knew the moment that James and Sirius came to her room with an abundance of pillows and blankets and offered to build a fort and have sleepovers that they were keeping an eye on her. They weren't very secretive about their intentions. But the day that Sirius came to her first thing in the afternoon and told her that they were going on a date and left. Well, needless to say she was confused.

Was he taking her out because she was a basket case? Or was he truly just wanting to take her out because he was interested in her? Maybe this was just his way of keeping a closer eye on her. But nonetheless, Brena got changed into a pair of boho shorts, a black sleeveless top and a cardigan that matched the shorts. She had bought the outfit when she had gone to the mall with the boys earlier in the summer. Separating her hair into low pigtails before grabbing the sunglasses she had taken from Sirius earlier in the summer.

Sirius walked into her room grinning when he had seen her before walking back out of the room

Sirius walked into her room grinning when he had seen her before walking back out of the room. It confused Brena before he came back with a hat and plopped it onto her head.

"There. You now look like you are on your way to Woodstock or something." Sirius grinned like a dog as Brena smiled back at him.

"We're not going to Woodstock.....right?" Brena questioned with worry. She did not to be in a crowd of hippies with loud music and weed. Sirius snorted, shaking his head.

"Definitely not." He picked up one of her pigtails, twirling it between his index and middle finger along with his thumb. "You are going to help me with something." He winked before grabbing her hand. "Let's go, yeah?"