Chapter XXXVIII: Summer Time

The moment before Brena stepped off the train with the Marauders, she came back into control of her body

The moment before Brena stepped off the train with the Marauders, she came back into control of her body. Talvi being pushed back into the deep slumber of her mind. James tossed his arm over Brena's shoulder as he led her over to the Potters. Regulus separated from them on the train as to not cause any lingering thoughts.

"Brena!! Dear, it's lovely to see you again!" Euphemia exclaimed as she pulled Brena into a hug. Brena stiffened slightly as James and Sirius joined them, smiling as they gave Fleamont a hug before Euphemia released Brena and moved on to her sons. "Let's get you three home before we draw attention. I'm assuming that Remus and Peter will join us sometime before school?" Brena snapped her gaze over to see Remus with his father. The older Lupin's eyes looking at her in shock and guilt.

Did he recognize her? She didn't look like her mother- but she still did have small pieces of her. Maybe he could see the small bits of her mother in her. His sister.

Remus glanced up to see his father staring at Brena. Smiling, he waved at her. She returned the gesture before tearing her gaze back to the Potters. Her fingers moving along her arm as an itch disturbed her skin. Uncomfortable. That's how she was beginning to feel. Watched. Overwhelmed.

Sirius wrapped his arm around Brena's waist, pulling not only her body but her attention to him.

"You okay?" He whispered down to her. Sirius was the only one who hadn't been with Brena in any way other than some kissing in the closet that one time. But he never took his stormy eyes off of her. His concern for her wasn't the only reason. His feelings for her bubbling even when he knew she was with his little brother and best mate.

Brena nodded discretely. Leaning into his chest a bit and embracing the warmth as her fingers left her arm. 

"Welcome to your new home!" James exclaimed as they apparated to stand in front of the Potter Manor

"Welcome to your new home!" James exclaimed as they apparated to stand in front of the Potter Manor. Fleamont and Euphemia did the side along apparating. 

"For the summer." Brena spoke up, causing James to frown at her. Mia and Monty both frowned as well. They knew something the young girl didn't. Brena could feel it. Secrets. It wasn't something she liked. But it always seemed she knew when someone was keeping something from her.