Phobias+

Trigger Warning: various fears/phobias are discussed that may come with some upsetting backstories

🍕Sam🍕
Entomophobia - fear of insects

You work on a farm, and you go in the mines where Sam knows for a fact there are bug like creatures down there. So he never put together that you may have a fear of bugs, but when you both were hanging out with Vincent and Jas in the forest and Vincent ran up to you with a praying mantis in his hands, he didn't expect your reaction.

As soon as you saw the insect in Vincent's hands, your face went pale with fear. You basically jumped onto Sam's back, clutching onto his clothes with fear. Sam was just able to catch his balance so you wouldn't both fall over. "___? What's wrong?" Vincent's question was so innocent, but your voice still came out shaky. "C-can you keep that bug away from me, Vince?" Vincent looked confused but nodded and ran to go place the praying mantis back in a safe spot. Only when Vincent was six feet away did you let out a sigh of relief and get off Sam, who stared at you. "What?" "Youre...scared of bugs?" Your face flushed in embarrassment, "Th-they just kind of freak me out, ok..." "But you live on a farm? And there are some in the mines?" "Vivi kinda comes to my call if it's a really big one... but I can handle like flies and butterflies. In the mines, I can kill them, or Marlon will sometimes come down with me to help if he knows I'll be on those certain levels..." Sam smiled. He liked seeing a more vulnerable side of you. He pulled your arm to hug you close, "It's ok, sweet cheeks! I'll protect you from the bugs!" He exclaimed, rubbing his cheek against yours, making you laugh and smile again.

Doesn't mean he won't ask Vincent to show you a bug every once in a while when he's around, so you'll jump into his arms again.

🏈Alex🏈
Pyrophobia - fear of fire

Alex had planned a great little date for you both. It's the second year you've been in town, and it was summertime, which meant it was perfect weather for a bonfire on the beach! Alex wanted to surprise you, so all he told you was to meet him on the beach after dark. He already had the bonfire going, and he was waiting for you by the entrance to the beach.

You, of course, noticed the fire as soon as you stepped foot on the beach. You carefully linked arms with Alex, trying not to assume the fire was part of your date, and maybe Elliot was planning on being near it instead, but with everystep you took closer with Alex towards the fire, the more you felt your airways tightening. Once you were less than six feet away, your feet stopped moving. Alex noticed this and looked back at you, "Babe? You coming?" You shook your head quickly, "Why not? We can relax by the fire!" You took a big step back. Alex's face immediately switched to one of concern and worry. He walked over to you and cupped your face. "Can you tell me what's going on?" You looked into his eyes, eyes briefly flickering over to the fire. "S-Sure, but can you put the fire out first?" Alex's eyes widened as he looked back at the fire, "Of course!" He wasted no time in kicking sand onto the fire, waiting until it was completely out before coming back to you.

You both sat down near the shore. Alex was gently holding your hand, waiting until you were comfortable enough to tell him. You took a deep breath, "I...I lost one of my best friends from childhood to a fire. His dog knocked over a candle in the bathroom and set some tissues and toilet paper aflame. Before I even knew what was happening, I was being pulled out of the fire by a fireman. I made it, the dog made it, and his dad made it. That was it." A tear rolled down your cheek as you squeezed his hand, "I still remember the fire...I haven't been able to get near flames bigger than a candle since then..." Alex put an arm around your shoulders and rubbed one up and down in a soothing motion. "I'm sorry ___, I didn't know..." He looked so guilty, you just nudged his shoulder and gave him a small, reassuring smile. "You couldn't have known Alex, it's ok. I would just like to stay away from bonfires and the like if that's ok?" You offered. Alex smiled and kissed the top of your head, "Of course."