Anniversary

PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END THANK YOU!

🍕Sam🍕
You fiddled with the blue shell necklace around your neck nervously. You were waiting for Sam at the saloon in your usual booth. Your gift for Sam hiding under the table. It was your wedding anniversary with Sam, so you had a date day!

You smiled, thinking of when you first moved here, how you had met Sam when he almost crashed into you. The thought still made you smile and laugh a little. "Whatcha thinkin' about sweet cheeks?" Sam's voice jolted you out of your thoughts. He slid into the booth across from you, setting a bag aside. "Just about when we first met." You smiled and placed your hand on the table, which Sam was quick to hold, stroking your knuckles softly with his thumb.

"That was the best day of my life..." Sam smiled at you with so much love in his eyes. It almost took your breath away. You could feel your face heating up under his stare. "I never thought almost crashing into someone to lead to someone like you, to finally leaving my awful job, to Lance, to...finally feeling so at peace and happy." Sam reached down beside his feet and pulled up a small gift bag that was laying there, passing it over to you. "For you." You thanked him and pulled out a beautiful tiger's eye beaded bracelet. "I love it Sammy. Thank you! Now..." You pulled your present up next to you, and Sam's eyes widened as he watched the box get bigger as he saw more and more of it. "I..honey...that.." "Just open it." You urged, leaning it in front of him. Sam excitedly opened it, like a kid on Winter star. Sam's eyes widened as he looked at the box's contents, a brand new acoustic guitar with his name engraved on the bottom. "Babe..." "Happy Anniversary blondie...I'm glad I moved to Pelican Town to try and bring back grandpa's farm...I got to meet you and Shane and everyone, have Lance, and be more happy than I ever thought I could be.."

Sam smiled wide and took your hand in his, "I feel like I've changed a lot from when we first met... you know? ...you might call it 'maturity'... hehe. But I'm at a place, now, where I'm actually really excited about our future together.. Even if that means just doing normal stuff, like... uh... buying groceries and changing diapers... hah..." He let out a small laugh and met your eyes before leaning over the table as you did the same. You two came together in a sweet and loving kiss. "I love you Sam." "I love you more ___." "Happy anniversary."

🏈Alex🏈
You sat in a blanket on the beach, staring out at the ocean, the wind blowing gently and creating a lovely breeze. The smell of the salt water surrounded you as you watched the sun start to dip below the horizon line. You had your picnic supplies all set up and ready to dig into, but not until Alex got here. Your present for him sitting next to your picnic basket.

"Babe!" You heard Alex call out from the beach entrance. You smiled as he ran over, landing on his knees in the sand next to you. "Sorry I'm late. Had to get get something from Leah.." It was then you noticed the small wrapped package in his hands. You waved him off, "It's ok Alex, I was admiring the ocean anyway." Alex smiled back before closing in to kiss you softly. During that kiss, you had thought back on everything with Alex: Meeting him for the first time and immediately dismissing him as a dumb jock (only to he proven...well kind of wrong. He was just a sweet guy with a sad past), getting hit in the head with his gridball, but being cared for by him afterward, spending time one the farm, cuddling with him and Louis. You pulled away gently and pressed your forehead against his, "I love you Alex.." "I love you too ___"

Alex smiled and nudged his gift into your hands. "Open it." You pulled back and took the present in your hands, excitedly ripping off the paper to reveal a small painted portrait of you, Alex, and Skyler. "I commissioned Leah for this...you like it?" You felt tears well up, and you rushed to wipe away any stray droplets. "I love it Alex.." You reached beside you to grab the gift bag and hand it to Alex. "And this ones yours." Alex wasted no time in ripping out the tissue paper and holding up his new gift. A tunnelers jersey with his last name and old high school number on the back. "I know you'll get there someday Alex. And Skyler and I will be cheering you on!" "I really love this babe, but you know...I've finally discovered who I want to be... and I feel certain about the future. I don't think I would've gotten here without you ___." You beamed. Alex pulled you into a tight hug. "Happy Anniversary ___, now let's dig into this food!"