9 - You Can't Talk To Me

Teach me to feel another's woe, to hide the fault I see, that mercy I to others show, that mercy show to me. ~Alexander Pope

Luke's POV

"Hey Luke, did you still have my sweatshirt?" Ashton asked as he approached me at my locker, I took it out and tossed the folded hoodie to him. Ashton smiled appreciatively as he slid it over his head. It seemed to fit in a whole lot better then it did me.

"Ashton, I have a question." I said quietly as I glanced inside my locker, the paint was chipped off inside the locker and therefore I could see my sorrowed reflection in the metal.

"Yeah?"

"If someone wants to hide the fact that they actually like you as a person," I began. "Are they worth being around?"

"No." Ashton shrugged. "Why? What's going on in little Lukey's world?" I turned my eyes up to Ashton who read them with sorrow. "What's the matter?" I looked back inside my locker and let out a sigh.

"I don't know, if I'm honest." I sighed. "Don't you have practice?"

"Practice can wait for you to tell me what's wrong. Aren't you going to come watch?" Ashton huffed. "You always come watch. Don't start bailing on me now. What has you in such a bad mood? You've been acting like this all day."

"Not everyone here likes me Ashton." I said as I shut my locker. "C'mon, lets go to practice."

"Luke you know you do this a lot."

"Do what?"

"You have these moments where you just isolate yourself from everyone and everything, you act super happy for a few days and then you end up in such a hellish mood. Like all you do is mope for several days. Then you change your mind on how your feeling." Ashton said. "And you never even tell me what causes you to act like that. I swear Luke, you're more bipolar then Ivy is about Nikki Minaj." I rolled my eyes and felt Ashton nudge me. "I'm serious!"

"Yeah and so am I." I sighed. "Look, Ash, it's not a big deal so c'mon. Am I not allowed to be in a crap mood?"

"I just don't like it." Ashton sighed. Shaking his head slowly. We walked the rest of the way in silence. I took my spot on the bleachers, and watched Ashton go to the locker rooms to change before going back to the field and getting chewed out by his coach. As a result Ashton had to run the field a few times.

"You're late." I turned my head to Michael who gave a confused look."What's the matter, blondie?"

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"Want to talk about it?" Michael asked. I turned my head to him to see him scooting slightly close, although we were still about two feet apart. I shook my head slowly. At this point I saw Michael hand me his DS.

"What?" I asked. "Michael I don't feel like playing - "

"It'll make you feel better." Michael said. "It's only Pokemon, it's pretty easy." I took it out of his hands and noticed he was already in a fight. "It's pretty self-explanatory."

"I was never a big Pokemon kid growing up.." I muttered as I looked to Michael. (A/N: LOL I was.)

"What were you into as a kid?" Michael asked. I thought about it while I was clicking the buttons.

"I think I was really into Barney."

"No wonder you turned out to be gay." Michael said and I looked at him with wide eyes as he laughed. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding."

"That's awful!" I said, shaking my head with a smirk. Michael shrugged. I turned my head back to the screen and continued clicking around.

"Oh wait don't attack again," Michael said. "Use a pokeball and catch it!"

"A..What?" I asked. Michael had be click several different times on the screen until I threw a pokeball to catch..Whatever the hell that creature was. It was indeed pretty cute.

"You know," Michael smirked at me. "If I could make you any Pokemon I would so make you a Pichu."

"What's that?" I asked.

"It's this cute little rat or bunny thing." Michael said as he pulled out his phone and began clicking around until he showed me a picture. I shook my head slowly. "You're also the weakest in your evolution."

"Why is whenever you try to be nice you manage to insult me also?" I rolled my eyes as I continued to play Michael's game. I will admit it, it was pretty fun.

"You're pretty good at this game." Michael said as he leaned over my shoulder.

"This one is easy." I said as I looked at Michael, who was now sitting close enough for me to be able to smell his cologne.

"I'm sure there are bad Pokemon players." Michael shrugged.

"Why don't I believe you?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. Michael smiled and shrugged again.

"Am I not allowed to help boost your self esteem?" Michael asked.

"Not if you're going to lie about it. Besides I don't need someone to boost it." I rolled my eyes. "I'm smart and I'm pretty cute. I'm funny."

"Now you're arrogant." Michael said.

I frowned at him. "Well do you want me to hate myself or do you want me to be arrogant?"

Michael's face turned grave quickly. "No, I don't want you to hate yourself. Why would I want that?" I shrugged and noticed Michael smirking.

"What?" I muttered.

"You're doing that thing where you get all shy again." Michael said. "You always do that. You get nervous or something and then you get super shy." I blinked a few times while my face heated up. I had never had anyone told me that I did that. It seemed a little..Weird to hear. Was I really like that?

"I..Um.."

"You're still doing it." Michael smirked.

"S-Shut up!" I squeaked and covered my mouth as Michael burst into laughed. "I-It's not fun-funny!"

"It's pretty funny there cupcake." Michael said as he shook his head slowly.

"Cupcake?" I scoffed.

"Yeah, cause that's all I can think of when I look at you. A vanilla cupcake with pink frosting." Michael said. I glared at Michael for a solid minute. "Hey, I like cupcakes so don't get your panties in a bunch pretty boy."

"You're so impossible." I laughed, shaking my head as I went back to playing Michael's game.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

I don't know, I just needed some fluff in my life. Plus I have an unhealthy love for Pokemon, but only the original 151, and then a few exceptions. Like every legendary and then Piplup. Cause he's cute as all hell. But only him, his evolutions are kinda..Eh..

Anyways before I get into a nerd rant.

Also Lucy (The girl who puts it on the computer for me) should make you all aware that we don't edit anything..So..xD

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX