13 - Looking With Disgust

Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone. ~Charlie Chaplin

Luke's POV

I was laying in my bed on a Sunday morning. I was just staring up at the ceiling until my mother opened the door.

"Luke some kid is here to see you." My mother said. I nodded and turned my head back up to see the ceiling as I heard them walk inside.

"Hey Luke," I head Calum say. "I thought you might want to go get pizza with us or something. Since you did win me the final blowout with your mad 'Pac' skills." I turned my head to Calum and saw he was the only one there. I shook my head. "Why not?"

"Why should I?" I asked. "All of you guys just hate me anyways. Not like I want to spend my Sunday getting chewed out."

"Luke, c'mon. You'll have fun. I'll make sure no one bothers you. If that is what you want to hear." Calum sighed. I sat up in my bed and looked around my room. If I did not go with Calum I would have laid here all day long. So I stood up and did not bother to change or even style my hair. Instead I let it lay flat across my forehead. So I followed Calum downstairs in dark blue sweatpants and a black t-shirt.

"Glad you changed your mind." Calum smiled as we walked out to his car.

"Yeah." I muttered as I walked towards it.

"Michael is sitting in the back, he felt like laying down. You can sit in the front or in the back -"

"Front." I said quickly. Calum nodded as we both slid into his car.

"Hey Luke." Michael said from the backseat, I heard him. But I did not feel like answering him. Instead I kept my gaze out the window. "I said hey Luke." At this point Michael leaned forward in his seat so he could poke his head around to mine. "You're not mad are you?" I shook my head slowly. I was not mad, just extremely distressed. "Good." At this point Michael sat back in his seat.

I knew I would have regretted this.

I found myself in the parking lot of a place I did not want to be as I followed behind Michael and Calum, not saying a word. More of just tagging along.

When we walked inside everyone else was already there and when Dallas saw me, he smiled more so then looked mad that I was there. But this smile was more sinister then anything.

"Luke come sit next to me!" Dallas called with a chuckle. I knew he just wanted to say some snide comment so I went and stood next to the place he was sitting. "Have I broken your spirit yet? Are you done trying to fit in with us?" I nodded my head slowly. My spirit was broken. I did not really care to be friends with them anymore. Not if they were all this mean. "Then why are you here?"

"Cause I invited him, dung." Calum snarled from beside me. Calum put a hand on my shoulder and lead me to a different side of the rounded table. He pushed me farthest back into the booth, since it was in the corner it curved all the way around, and he slid Michael next to me. I did not want to sit next to Michael but thankfully Mikki was on the other side of me.

"I like your hair down." Michael commented without looking at me. I could feel my face flushing red, even though I got compliments a lot. Michael seemed like he did not want to give them at all, I must have been special in some light. But then again, he forced me to leave yesterday. At this point, I had no idea where we stood.

"What's the matter Luke?" Mikki asked. "You don't look very happy." I glanced up at Mikki who only seemed to frown as I looked at her. "You look tired too. How'd you sleep last night?" I shrugged. "Aw, poor Lukey."

"Why don't you two just date already, sheesh." Michael scoffed from beside us.

"Cause I'm gay." I reminded him. Michael looked to me with a look that said, 'I know,' but just rolled his eyes after that.

"I'm just saying because she's babying you like a pro." Michael sighed. "Aw, Lukey-poo. Everyone just loves itty, bitty Lukey."

"Michael." Calum laughed. "Why are you so mad? Do you want to get babied?"

"No, of course not." Michael rolled his eyes.

"Oh wait," Calum paused. "I see what it is."

"What is it?" I muttered.

"Speak up, we can't hear you princess." Michael replied. I took a deep breath as I sat back in my seat. Trying to do everything in my power not to have Michael snap at me again. As far as I was concerned, it was very hard to befriend Michael. Since he was only interested in you when you were alone with him.

"I like that. Princess." Dallas chuckled from across the table.

"Thanks a lot Michael.." I mumbled.

"What did I do?" Michael turned to me with confusion.

"Give Dallas just another thing to chew me out with." I said and folded my arms. I could tell that Mikki was looking at us with sorrow, and she wanted to do something. She just did not quite know what to do or say.

"Luke, I'm sorry." Michael huffed.

"You're not sorry." I replied. "If you were sorry I would be able to see it."

"Why are you such a little kid about everything?" Michael groaned.

"Why are you so mean?" I asked. "I'm nice to you, why are you mean to me?"

"You said that you think being friends was a bad idea." Michael replied.

"I want to be your friend though.." I mumbled and wanted to disappear into the seats. "Calum can I just leave.." Calum let out a sigh and stood up so that I could crawl out of the booth. At this point, Michael, Nettie and Calum were all standing as I walked towards the door.

And I wanted someone to call after me. I wanted someone to say that they wanted me to stay. I wanted someone here to just care about me.

But it was becoming pretty evident that nobody did.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

I feel like we should start telling you guys who is the actually person talking in these author notifications. Cause right now it's Lucy :D and as much as I want to type up another chapter for you peeps I don't know if I physically have enough energy to do so. Cause I am tired as all hell

Anyways.

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX