51 - Right Is Not Easy

True love stories never have endings. ~Richard Bach

Luke's POV 

"Hi.." I said quietly. I had an uneasy feeling about being here. But maybe it was not so bad. I mean, Dallas was not a taunting sad, he genuinely looked upset. 

"I just wanted to talk to you about a few things." Dallas said quietly. He looked off to the side, I was so unsure if he would be tricking me but I had to hear what he had to say. It was the least I could do. 

"So..Michael," Dallas said to me. "He's..Struggling with you." 

"Huh?" I tilted my head to the side. I was unsure of what he meant. Although only a few minutes ago I knew that I was troublesome to him. 

"Michael was talking to me this morning, he seemed to really need my help because he doesn't know how to help you and it's tearing him apart." Dallas said. "He wanted to know what to do with you. And I told him that he had to help himself before helping you, he didn't listen though. So I thought to try talking to you."

I was wide eyed but I nodded my head slowly. 

"I think that you and Michael should consider breaking up." Dallas said and I felt my jaw dropping. "And I'm not saying you break up forever. Because honestly you're really good for Michael..Or well.. You were until I had to go and ruin two people's lives. I just.." Dallas looked frustrated. "I want you both to be happy at this point but you can't be happy where you are." 

"Would we be happier apart..?" I said quietly. 

"I don't know." Dallas said. "And Luke, Michael really does care for you. And I know you care for him too. But I just need you to think about what could happen to both of you with where you are. I think you need to get better before continuing with Michael." 

"This is all your fault and now you're trying to make it worse!" I yelled. "You're just going to trick me again!" By now I was crying without realizing it. "You ruined my life! Why do you have to make it worse!?" 

"No Luke, listen." Sonya said gently. She put her hands on my arm and I turned to her as I sniffled. "Dallas told me about it, and I thought he was trying to trick you too. But after thinking about it, Michael isn't doing too well..It's making him really upset with how you are. I think if you both have space and you focus on getting better instead of getting better and having a relationship then it will work out in the end." 

I had to trust that Sonya would not betray me the way Dallas did. And honestly, I might have even seen it. Michael was more aggressive then I was used too. And he always looked stressed. What was I doing to him? 

"You don't have to do it." Dallas said. "We just want you to consider it. Michael needs you, but he also needs you to be okay." 

I swallowed hard and wiped my eyes. Sonya rubbed my back gently. "Do you need anything?" She asked and I shook my head. "Do you need me to get someone?" 

I did not want Michael - well I did but I did not feel like that would help - instead I thought of one person who might be able to help me out right now. 

"C-Can you get Ashton?" I asked. Sonya smiled and walked back towards the bleachers. I found myself sitting in the gravel as Dallas crouched near me. "Why did you do it?" I lifted my eyes and could see the shocked look on Dallas's face. "What did I ever do to you to deserve this?" 

"Nothing." Dallas sighed. "I'm just a bad person." 

"Did you really miss him that much?" I asked. 

"Huh?" 

"Did you miss Michael that much? That you were willing to destroy me?" 

Dallas took in a deep breath and let it out very slowly. "Yeah. Michael and I had always been really close. I guess when I first met you, I thought you were just going to be some average jerk. Like all popular kids are. But you really weren't. Which made me mad because Michael just kept getting closer and closer to you. Because you were no bad guy. You were nice and you're everything he deserves. I was a terrible friend and a straight up awful person for ever trying to take that away." Dallas closed his eyes and shook his head. "I would do anything to go back in time and change what I had done."

"I forgive you Dallas." I said, even though technically he did not apologize. "I'm not mad. I don't think I was ever mad." 

"Right, I deserve to jump into a pit of fire and burn to death." Dallas sighed, running a hand down his face. "I don't deserve your forgiveness." 

"Then work for it." I said. Dallas looked slightly shocked. "I don't know what to do.. Even if I do break up with him what do I do then? Disappear and come back and say 'hi Michael, miss me, wanna date?' I can't just do that.." 

"Well just tell him why you're doing it." Dallas said.

"Well what if I don't ever get better?" I asked and I could see the guilt already on Dallas's face. "What if I just keep him waiting? What if he doesn't wait?" 

"I don't believe in the saying if you love someone to let them go." Dallas said as he rubbed his chin. "I would say I believe more so in if you love someone, be willing to do anything for them. If he's not willing to stand by and wait for centuries. Then he doesn't love you that much. It may be a hard truth, but better now then down the road." 

I nodded my head slowly to what Dallas was saying. I felt bad for Dallas in a way, all he wanted was his friend. He went about it the wrong way..But now he was stuck with the guilt. At this point, I have to do this for him. Just for a bit of piece of mind.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION; Ariana

We have not been gone for a month..Pffff..Whaaaaa?

Sigh, I am so sorry. Neither one of us has an excuse and as an author where people are expecting my books to continue I am deeply sorry and I feel somewhat awful for this. It was one of my goals to finish everything this summer but I did not do that instead I slacked off, and I did not help at all. I am very sorry =( I will try to make up for it, if anyone wants anything let me know and I'll do it. That is how I will make up for it =3 I mean as long as it's not crazy and makes sense xD

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX