Epilogue Two

Never let a fool kiss you, or a kiss fool you. ~Joey Adams

Luke's POV

*Six Years Later*

"Hey, Luke." Ashton greeted me as I tapped a pencil against my head. I was a currently part of an advertisement branch of a large scale bank establishment. So in reality, I was a trickster appealing to the likes of a diverse group. Apparently they thought I would be really good in the job, I would thank my mother for it.

I was sitting at my desk when Ashton showed up, Ashton had a badge to come in the building and this section, he was considered to be like a seeing eye dog, I needed him around.

"Hey." I replied.

Ashton paused, he stood there for a second. "How are you?"

"Alright." I said. Giving another mediocre one-worded response.

"Good, good." Ashton said. "Do you want to come out to lunch? It is time for your lunch break."

"Sure." I replied. I stood up and walked out of the room with Ashton. He always seemed slightly nerved about being around me, you would think it would be different but he was only more nerved. This was only during the past year or two. He was not like this at first, not at all.

Whenever I did anything it was weird. I was a creature of destroying solitude. Anything else was bad. Something just made people say "that's not like Luke" and go lengths to figure out why I was acting that way.

Ashton and I were walking down the sidewalk, he was looking straight in front of us, but I looked all around.

"Why do you keep hanging around with me?" I said. "You make it clear that you don't enjoy it."

"It's not that." Ashton said. "I'm still your friend and when I signed up to be your friend I made an oath to be by your side - that's what friends do."

"I don't know if I would have stuck by you for so long." I replied.

"I don't think a lot of people would." Ashton responded, he did not seem at all bothered by what I said.

"You've gone as far as to circle your life around me," I said. "You should never have done that."

"Why? Calum circles his around Michael." Ashton replied.

"But you're not Calum, I'm not Michael." I shrugged. "Do you ever think I made a wrong decision?"

"Why do you ask? Do you think you made a wrong decision?" Ashton asked.

"No."

Ashton shrugged. "Then I don't think you made a wrong decision."

"I ask you so you don't agree with me, but to hear your opinion." I turned my head to Ashton, and as he responded my eyes tracked across the street.

"Well," Ashton began. "My opinion is that what you feel is just is right. So I agree with what to say."

My eyes focused on a pair across the street heading in the opposite direction, I knew those two. I knew them a little better than I would like and I went wide eyed. Ashton stopped his ramble mid-sentence and turned to me.

"What is it?" Ashton asked as he looked across the street. His eyes went wide like mine, he knew those people too.

"H-Hey why don't we just have lunch here?!" Ashton panicked. A wide smile across his face. I turned and looked up at the sign.

"Ashton this is a UPS store." I replied calmly. I looked across the street. "You see them too, right?"

"Y-Yeah..Did I never tell you about that?" Ashton laughed nervously.

"You meant not to, I can tell by the look on your face." I said. There was no substance to my voice. A lot of it was monotoned.

I looked across the street and standing hand in hand was Michael and Lara. Lara looked really happy, Michael was giving that same bull-crap smile.

"You don't seem to bothered by that." Ashton said. "Do you want to talk to them?"

"No, I'm going back to work." I said quietly and turned around. I had no real problem with it, I mean what was I supposed to be angry about? I made a choice.

"Luke, come on. Don't worry about it." Ashton said but I kept walking. "Here, I can walk you back to work."

"No, Ashton. Go away." I sighed.

"Why are you mad?" Ashton asked.

"I'm not mad."

"Then why are you sad?"

"I'm not sad." I stopped and turned around. "I'm not anything at all. But I would like to think. So you can go your way and I can go mine."

I continued to walk and Ashton resigned to go his way. While I walked past the buildings I felt someone grab my arm and pull me into the alley.

When I saw who it was I let out a sigh. "Come on, Dallas, what the hell?"

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." Dallas said. "I just meant to get your attention."

"Yeah well you did." I replied as I pulled my arm from his grip. "What do you need this time?"

Dallas was constantly coming to see me with some damned request. In all honesty I was not effected by most of them, it was just a task. But occasionally there was something else.

"Where's Ashton?" Dallas asked. "Are you walking all by yourself?"

"Who else would I be with?" I asked. Dallas pitied me a lot, it was quite frustrating, but he denied this fact.

"I don't know," Dallas said. "I try not to get involved in your life too much."

"Yeah that's a lie." I replied. "What do you need?"

"I was just walking by, you looked pale so I was wondering if you were alright." Dallas said.

"I..I guess." I shrugged.

"You're never alright anymore." Dallas sighed.

"I go to therapy three days a week, they already ripped me apart. You say you want me to be alright?" I asked.

"No," Dallas shook his head. "Sorry, I actually did have something to ask."

"Course you do," I said. "What is it?"

"Sheesh..You used to be sarcastic in a humorous way, now you're just mean." Dallas sighed.

"I'm well aware." I said. "Now you're request?"

"Calum was having a party with all of the kids in both groups.." Dallas said quietly. "Your friends, my friends."

"They all hated each other. Is that a good idea?" I asked.

"I don't know, I was hoping you would go. I think you could keep some peace." Dallas smiled.

"Sure." I shrugged.

"Wow really? That's it?" Dallas asked.

"I have nothing to lose." I shrugged. "Just text me when it is, I have to get to work." I ran a hand down my face and walked out of the alleyway.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION; Ariana

So yeah, I feel like all these epilogues are just like a short story kind of thing, but it's too long to put in one epilogue. So yeah =D

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX