41 - Twisted

Patience is not simply the ability to wait - it's how we behave while we're waiting. ~Joyce Meyer

Luke's POV

I was standing next to Michael at his locker while he was talking to Ashton and Calum I was looking around me. Many people waved in my general direction and it only added to the confusion. Then there was..Dallas, walking straight up to me with a smile.

"Hi Luke." He smiled.

"Hi.." I said cautiously, Dallas was bad and that's all I could think of in this moment.

"I got you something." Dallas said, fumbling with his hands. At this point Michael, Ashton and Calum were looking at us.

"Um..Okay?" I tilted my head to the side.

"Ivy hinted at me that you really like candy." Dallas winked. I nodded and he handed me a bag of lollipops. "I'll see you around, okay?"

"Okay." I nodded. "T-Thank you."

"Don't thank me." Dallas smiled and walked off. I turned to Michael who looked confused.

"Was that real?" I asked.

"Yeah, that was." Michael said as he looked at the bag.

"Do you want one?" I asked as I set the bag in his hands. "That's confusing. I thought Dallas was mean."

"Dallas is mean, Luke." Michael said.

"No, Avelyn likes him now. She's reminding me that she too likes candy." I shrugged as I placed a lollipop in my mouth.

"Whatever," Michael sighed. "We have to get going anyways."

"Michael don't be rude." Calum snapped, slapping Michael's arm. I played with my fingers and looked around us. Michael nodded and took my hand in his own and we walked out of the school.

"Luke?" Michael spoke after a while, when I did not respond he nudged me.

"What?"

"I'm talking to you."

"But I'm not - "

"Right, I know." Michael sighed. "You're not anyone, I know. Just, remember you're suppose to respond to Luke."

"Right." I nodded.

"You're being awfully quiet, I was just wondering what's on your mind." Michael shrugged.

"Just one of those moments." I shrugged.

"Do you need me to list off things that are real?" Michael asked. I shook my head. "Alright, well if you need something, just let me know."

I did not want anything listed off, I wanted to feel like I was put together again. I felt as if I was watching everything happen but was not involved in any of it. It almost gave a feeling like Michael was holding hands with someone who was not me. It was one of those out of body experiences that I had no idea how to explain.

Michael and I sat down in his car when I was finally beginning to feel like I was reconnecting to us. Michael's phone began to ring and I watched him answer it.

"Hey Mrs. Hemmings." He said. "What's going on?" He paused, confusion crossing his face. "Why? What's going on?" He paused once again while nodding. "Alright, we can just go to my house. Yeah thanks, let me know if you need anything. Alright, bye."

"My mum called you?" I smiled, tilting my head to the side. Michael nodded his head.

"We're going to my house." Michael said. "It's been a while since we've gone there." I nodded.

"What did my mum say?" I asked.

"Nothing." Michael shrugged. "It's nothing."

"Alright." I said, I bounced my leg up and down before arriving at Michael's house. When I looked at it, I felt as if I knew it and did not all at the same time.

"Are you coming?" Michael asked, I did not respond so he snapped in my face. "Are you alright? You look awfully confused."

"Where are we again?" I asked.

"My house." Michael said. I looked at him and then back to the house before feeling an overwhelming sensation of memories. I took a step back and looked around some more.

"You can have a minute." Michael said. "When you're ready just come inside, and be careful it might start raining soon."

"Alright." I said. Michael walked into the house and I stood looking around.

It was like there was an argument between politics in my head. This is a bad place. But no this is a good place. I was usually able to decide whether or not something was bad or good off of the top of my head. But this was a case where I did not know.

"Michael is mean, but he's nice." I said allowed. "Avelyn doesn't like him but Luke does. Cashile doesn't like anyone but he's sure he doesn't like Michael, he thinks he's bad. Jem doesn't like this place but he also likes Michael." I looked around me, running a hand through my hair. "Who am I?" I placed my hands on my face as I sat down on the curb, facing the road. I think I was rocking slightly.

"I'm not anyone." I shook my head. "There should be someone there though. Is this even me thinking anymore?" When my head up I could see the rain beginning to fall in a drizzle. Michael was right.

I held my hand out and watched it splash against my skin. "It's cold. I can feel that, why can't I feel other things, when I know I should.."

"Luke!" I heard Michael yell and I turned to him and noticed that it was now down pouring. "Get in here." I walked into the house and it was almost like I would have to go through everything I just did again to maintain sanity.

" Are you alright?" Michael asked. I just kept looking around. "What's on your mind?"

"I don't know." I shook my head. "Anything and everything, everyone has a say. You have to account for all of them."

Michael took a deep breath, he looked as if he had no idea what to do. I did not expect him to do anything when I had no idea what to do either. Michael picked up my hands and put them on his face.

"Then just focus on what I'm saying to you." Michael said. "Alright? Can you do that?" I nodded my head. "Okay." Michael puffed his cheeks out in his thought.

"Why do you do that?" I said as I poked his cheek with my finger, as if I was trying to get the air out. "What's in there?"

"Just air." Michael laughed lightly. "What are you doing?"

"Deflating them." I said and Michael blew in my face. "H-Hey! What was that for?" Michael did it again and in response I pushed on his shoulder and began laughing.

"You're cute." Michael laughed as he sat on the couch. "Come sit."

"Alright." I said and sat down next to Michael and he handed me a paddle. "Cashile doesn't like video games but I'm beginning to think he doesn't like anything."

"He's such a negative Nancy." Michael shook his head.

"His name is Cashile though.." I responded.

"Never mind. Just come play it's been a while and I feel like this might help." Michael said.

"But um.." I muttered and Michael turned his head to me. "I don't know what to do. We've never played this one."

"Are you sure?" Michael asked and I nodded. "Huh, I thought we have." I shook my head. "Alright, well let's get going then."

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION; Ariana

I went home sick today. And I just left school out of nowhere cause I'm too shy to go see the nurse so I'm pretty sure I am going to get a detention. I will cry if I do because kids skip all the time and don't get in trouble so if I left because I was sick and got in trouble I am going to be very mad.

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX