22 - Doesn't Matter

Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses. ~Ann Landers

Michael's POV

*Saturday*

Luke followed me as we walked to Dallas's house where we would be for the time. The whole concept of what was going to happen well..It made me nervous. Luke was clearly nervous but managed to put on a good front. Instead he was his bubbly normal self.

"Will Calum be there?" Luke asked and I shrugged. "What about Mikki? Nettie? Sonya is nice too - "

"Luke I don't know who will be there." I said honestly. "Besides Dallas, but it is his house so that was pretty obvious." Luke nodded in agreement. "Are you alright?"

"I'm nervous." Luke admitted. "Whenever Dallas gets involved we always get mad at each other and I don't want to get in another fight."

"Well neither do I." I replied.

Luke sighed. "I know, you can't help it. It's just the way the cookie crumbles."

"Well, while I can't guarantee Dallas's actions, I can guarantee that I am not going to be arguing with you." I said. Luke seemed to smile at the small idea. As if he actually believed it. And you know, I believed it too.

We arrived at Dallas's house and thankfully was greeted by Sonya instead of Dallas.

"Luke it's so nice to see you." Sonya smiled at Luke who smiled back and returned what she said. "I didn't know you would be here, if I did I would have made sure I had some candy for you."

"Candy?" I asked.

"I love candy." Luke giggled. I smiled and shook my head slowly.

"Alright." I said. "Let's go." I put my hand on the small of Luke's back and gently guided him to where everyone else was sitting on the couches. Including Mikki, Nettie and Calum. But also including Dallas - no surprise - Roni and Kat.

"Luke and Michael are here." Sonya announced.

"Hey Michael." Dallas said.

"Hi." I replied, Luke and I both waited for Dallas to say something to Luke, but when nothing came we walked around the couch.

"Come sit next to me Luke." Dallas smirked. Luke and I made eye contact and I nodded my head. "Oh do you have to get permission from Michael to do things now, dog?"

"Dallas." I snapped. He let out a sigh and stopped talking.

"Come sit Luke." Dallas said again. Luke sat next to Dallas on the couch while I turned and sat on the other side of room near Nettie.

Luke's POV

(A/N): I usually don't do mid-chapter POV switches but for the sake of this chapter it's very, very important that I do.

I sat next to Dallas, slightly uncomfortable as he handed me a paddle. "Do you know what you're doing?" Dallas asked. "I don't want you making my team lose."

"I-I..Not exactly.." I admitted. Dallas nodded slowly before filling me in on what some of the buttons did and what the object of the game was. It was Dallas, Roni, Kat, Calum and I on one team. Michael, Nettie, Sonya, Maxx and Mikki were on the other.

"Let's go scumbags!" Mikki yelled.

"Eager to lose, eh?" Dallas chuckled from beside me. I really did not want Dallas to hate me anymore and I figured he would work the same way that Michael did - if I was good at video games he would like me. That was the hope anyways.