21 - Stand Down

I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman. ~Anais Nin

Michael's POV

I met Dallas at his locker that morning, like he had asked of me. He was leaning against the lockers, scrolling through his phone.

"Hey Dallas." I greeted. He turned his head up and put his phone away. "What did you want to give me?"

"This." Dallas said and backhanded me.

"Ow! What was that for!?" I snapped.

"I'm sick of you hanging out with your little princess instead of us!" Dallas snapped back. "You're abandoning all your friends because of one kid!"

"We could all hang out together if you weren't such a jerk to him all the time! Maybe if you were nice for once!" I replied.

"Why should I be nice to him?!" Dallas scoffed.

"Why not?" I sighed. "Dallas if you want me to be around more often, then you have to have Luke around too." I said. "And you have to be nice to him."

Dallas sighed. "Alright fine, you wanna play like that. Fine. Ask him to come hang out with us on Sunday."

"And you better tell Roni and Kat to be nice too!" I snapped.

"I will Michael!" Dallas groaned as he turned and walked down the hallway. I turned back around to see a smirking Luke.

"What are you looking at?" I sighed as I walked towards him.

"Eh nothing." Luke shrugged. "It seems you have forgotten that my locker is.." Luke unlocked the locker he was standing next to. "Right here." Luke paused as he set his bag down. "Anyways, anything you want to invite me to?"

"You know Luke," I sighed, taking a small step closer. "You don't have to hang out with us if you don't want to."

"But Dallas is right." Luke said. "I'm taking you away from your friends and I don't want to do that so I might as well learn to get along with all of them!"

I sighed. Nodding my head slowly. "Alright. Would you like to come hang out with us on Sunday?"

"Yeah sure!" Luke smiled as he began pulling out more binders. I watched the way his hands moved quickly throughout the books. He stopped moving for a second to look at me, a smirk on his face. "Were you listening?"

"O-Oh.." I paused. "Um..No. I'm sorry, what were you saying?"

"Nothing." Luke laughed to himself. "Why were you staring out? You look like something is bothering you?"

Bothering me? No I was completely content with being around Luke in the moment, or at least I would normally be. But at this point my hands were shaking slightly as my palms were some-what sweaty.

"Michael." Luke said carefully as he stood up. "Are you alright?" I nodded. "Then what's eating at you?"

"I-I just.." I trailed off. "It's really nothing Luke. I don't really want to talk about it." Like I could even tell him what it was.

"Well if you want to talk about it, I'm here. Okay." Luke smiled, tilting his head to the side slightly. He was far too sweet for someone as sour as I was. I only nodded. "But for now, I have to get to class! See you later!" At this point Luke turned to walk away.

"You're gonna leave without giving me a hug?" I whined.

"What'd you say?" Luke responded as he turned back to me, I held my arms out. "Oh right sorry." Luke hugged me before taking off in the other direction, as if he wanted to get out of here as fast as he could. I did not let that taint me and my way of thinking. Instead I made my way to class where I sat next to Calum.

"You were right." I sighed.

"'Bout what?"

"I really like Luke. And it's a problem." I said. Calum smirked. "Don't even give me that look Calum, help me!"

"I don't really see why you need my help." Calum shrugged. "What's the problem anyways?"

"Cause I need to not like Luke because if I do then Dallas is only going to be a little kid about everything." I sighed.

"What makes you say that?"

"Are you kidding? You've seen how Dallas treats Luke." I said. "There is no doubt in my mind that Dallas would not approve."

"What does it matter to have Dallas's approval?" Calum asked. I shrugged. "It doesn't matter what Dallas thinks and if he's just going to get mad at you and is unsupportive then he's not being a very good friend. In my personal opinion." Calum paused. "What made you realize that you liked Luke in the first place?" I shrugged. "Okay..Then tell me about him."

"He's so cute Calum and he's so nice." I rambled quickly. "He's such a good person and no matter what he forgives me and I know that I am never ever going to deserve him but I don't really care. Because he never once treated me differently for being me, and I don't know where else I would be able to find an exact person like him."

Calum smiled. "That was adorable."

"Shut up." I groaned.

"So I am going to go ahead and ask the real questions here," Calum said. "Who tops?"

"Well I would obviously." I said, as if it was no big deal.

"Oh really, and why is that?" Calum said. By the look on his face I could tell he was trying very hard not to laugh hysterically.

"Well clearly I," I pointed to myself. "Am the more masculine person. Luke can be a total girl."

And this is where Calum lost it.

"Michael! That's awful!" Calum chuckled.

"It's not that bad," I rolled my eyes. "But it is very, very true."

"Oh. My. Gosh." Calum said. "Well now all you have to do is ask him out."

"No way." I scoffed.

"Why not?"

"Cause.."

"Cause why?"

"Cause, I don't know!" I groaned.

"Michael.." Calum smiled. "Are you nervous? Does Luke make you nervous?"

"Yeah I guess so." I sighed.

"Well just ask him to hang out and when you're at your house you can tell him." Calum said. "It would be better to say that then nothing at all."

I nodded my head slowly, as if I was agreeing with what Calum was saying. "Alright." I paused. "I can do that."

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATIONS; Ariana

Hello bean sprouts, yes. Bean sprouts.  I counted up all of the votes for the new Lashton and the one that won was..*Inserts Ashton's drum rolling skills* Doubled! The first chapter will indeed be up in..I dunno, maybe after I take a shower. But when it us up, you guys should really check it out.

In the mean time though I feel like this book is getting really positive responses and I'm totally digging that. I mean..I'm still digging the hundreds of notifications from Nerd Alert, but I like getting notifications on books I'm working on more. So I can see how you all feel about the progression. Honestly I feel like Nerd Alert was a bit of a mess I don't see why people like it in the first place xD

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX