23 - Honestly

Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own. ~H. Jackson Brown Jr.

Michael's POV

School came back around on Monday, I had spent the entire weekend with Luke so now it felt weird to be without him. I had business to take care of though. Which is why I found myself standing right next to Dallas.

"Hey Michael." Dallas smiled and I continued to glare at him. "What's the matter?"

"Dallas I asked you to do one thing. Just one!" I snapped. "And you can't even do that, for me, your friend."

"Is this about Luke?" Dallas smiled.

"What else would it be about?" I asked.

"I just don't get it Michael." Dallas said. "I don't understand why you are so desperately trying for me to befriend that boy. I mean, you could have always just said that you don't want him around. Why do you?"

"Cause I like Luke." I sighed. "You know maybe you should try to kind know him and just give being friends with him a chance instead of trying to convince him that I don't care about him."

"Oh I did more then just that." Dallas said. "I told him you were with Ivy."

My jaw dropped. "You told Luke, that I am with one of his best friends. Well, good thing that didn't work!"

"I have a few more tricks, I'll have Luke out of your hair in no time and we can go back to being the same little group we always have been." Dallas smiled and patted my shoulder.

"No!" I snapped. "I don't want to go back to that, I want Luke to be a part of this group. I don't know about you Dallas, but I like Luke. I like having him around."

"Why?" Dallas groaned. "Why do you like him so much?"

"Because he's nice and sweet and smart and everything that you're not." I snapped. "He doesn't try to make me into someone I'm not and hey, I don't know a whole lot of people who won't do that."

"You know this whole thing is your fault!" Dallas snapped. "You had to bring little princess along, and if you didn't. None of this would have happened! I would have no reason to be mean to him."

"No.." I said quietly. "This, is not my fault. This, is your fault. You have no reason, to treat him the way you do."

"Well I'm not about to stop." Dallas said. "There's nothing you can say that will convince me to stop trying to get him to go away."

"Why do you want him to go away!?" I asked. "Why don't you want him here? Just enlighten me on that."

"Because I don't want to lose you!" Dallas snapped. "Because Luke is just going to turn video games into something you don't want to do and that's all we ever do together!"

"Are you serious?" I scoffed. "Have you not seen how Luke tried so hard to get us to like him by him playing video games with us? Is that your concern? And if that's all we do then plan for something else! But I'm not going to do anything with you until you can be nice to Luke."

"It's not like it matters what I try," Dallas said. "I can't get you to stop caring about him. You're just going to drift away from everyone."

"No I'm not." I replied. "Look, you can guilt Luke. He's gullible. We both know that. But I, am a little different. You can't guilt me, because I am not a guilty person. I'm not gullible, so you can't convince me of everything."