18 - Bad

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. ~Winston Churchill

Luke's POV

I thought about it, deciding to tell Michael why I had moved in the first place.

"Well, I'm gay. When I came open about it, I became a total target." I shrugged. "Everyone I was friends with turned against me. At the time I was also friends with Ashton but we did not attend the same school, he had no idea that I was gay. But I told him that the kids didn't like me, then he suggested that I moved and transferred." I took a deep breath. "So I did, everything got better instantly. Until I met you and Dallas, I don't know. Guess it kinda digs at old wounds."

Michael nodded slowly, as if he had no response.

I did not understand Michael at all. At first he was extremely back and forth with me, but now he seems to be settling into a state of calmness and enjoying my company. He seems to like me now more then he did then, which was good of course. But it meant for misfortune by Dallas. All I had to decide was if it was worth it.

So far it was.

"Look, I got to go." I sighed as I stood up.

"What.." Michael mumbled. "Why?"

"It's getting late Michael." I smiled at him. "We have school tomorrow. It's only Tuesday."

"Right." Michael huffed as he leaned back on the couch. I took a step closer to him.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I said, giving a hopeful smile. Michael nodded but did not budge. "Why are you so upset? I'll be back tomorrow!"

"I don't know." Michael shrugged as he looked down at his hands. I bent down towards him and kissed his cheek before smiling at Michael's red face and heading towards the door.

"C-Come on Ash!" I called and saw Ashton appear, looking at Michael with confusion as he walked over towards me.

"What happened to Michael?" Ashton asked as we walked outside. "Well, what did you do? He looks shocked as all hell." Ashton let out a light laugh. "It's actually kinda funny."

"Eh nothing." I smirked to myself. "Just got the Luke Hemming's charm is all."

"Oh my gosh." Ashton scoffed, rolling his eyes in amusement. "You're so ridiculous."

"Yeah I know." I smiled.

"You and Michael seem pretty close." Ashton commented, I gave a shrug. "Do you um..Do you like him?"

"Are you asking if I have a crush on him? Or if I like being his friend?" I asked. "Cause I would not say yes to the first."

"Right." Ashton rolled his eyes. "Hey I have a game tomorrow night, are you going to go?"

"I was going to." I said. "Why?"

"I was just thinking that you should invite Michael to come watch with you. I know that Ivy and Autumn and everyone else will be there, but it would be nice for Michael to meet your friends. Seeing as you've met his." Ashton suggested.

"Alright." I said. "I'll ask him tomorrow before class." Ashton smiled as we began the drive to his and then my own house.

I thought about what Ashton said, and honestly I was not too thrilled about having Michael come and sit with me and my friends. Not that they were judgmental, and not that they had never met but Michael was not exactly.. Friendly at first. That was what worried me about the whole thing.

I did want to spend time with Michael, and pull him away from the never ending abyss that was video games. That was all he did all day, play video games. Even though I did start playing, I felt as if I had to stop him from playing twenty-four seven.

The next day rolled to us in its normal fashion as I approached Michael at his locker, standing with him was Dallas, Nettie, Kat and Roni. Three people here did not like me, I knew it perfectly well.

"Hi Michael." I smiled.

"Hey Luke." He said, looking a lot less interested in me then I would have hoped.

"I was just going to ask you something but if you're busy I can come back another time?" I was already beginning to take steps backwards as I saw the grins that the people here - all but Nettie and Michael - had on their faces.

"Or just don't come back." I heard Dallas snicker between him Roni and Kat. I chose to ignore it and either Michael did not hear it, or he chose to do the same thing.

"No you can just ask now." Michael said and at this point he turned fully to me, as I shifted awkwardly. "Well? Out with it, c'mon."

"Michael, he's come to confess to you. Let him have his time." Roni snickered.

I instantly felt my face flush red. "I-I was just going t-to ask i-if.."

"No one can understand you through that stutter kid." Kat responded. "Gotta drop it if you're gonna get laid."

"Guys shut up." Michael sighed. "What do you want Luke? Class starts soon so out with it."

"I just wanted to know if you would come to watch Ash and Calum play tonight." I said quickly.

"We already have plans blonde, now scoot." Dallas said. "Ashy isn't here to protect you now."

"Dallas lay the hell off!" Michael snapped. "Leave him alone, alright!?"

"Why should I? He's nothing but a little weird boy! He can't even form words without a stutter and has the intelligence of a rock. Plus he doesn't have enough common sense of when he should leave and when he should shut his damn mouth!" Dallas scoffed. He took a few steps towards me and put his face close to mine. "He's nothing. A nobody, nobody likes him. He's just a pretty boy." Dallas stood up away from me. "Plus he's not even all that pretty, I mean just look at him. He's - "

"Hey!" I turned my head to see Ivy standing next to me, if you did not know her, she was not much of a threat. If you did, you would know she kicked butt. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Just telling blondie about where he belongs." Dallas smirked. "Putting him in his place."

I could see the anger in Ivy's eyes as she grabbed Dallas by the collar of his shirt and slammed him against the lockers. "I swear Dallas, I've had it up to here with you!" Ivy held a hand above her head. "If I hear or see you treat Luke like that again, I will rip you apart, got me?"

"Please, I'm not scared of a little girl." Dallas rolled his eyes. And that was when Ivy punched Dallas in the face. "What the hell!?"

"What did I just tell you!?" Ivy hissed in Dallas's face. "Leave Luke alone or I will make sure that you get what's coming to you." Ivy slammed Dallas into the lockers one last time before letting go of him. "Come on Luke."

"O-Okay." I mumbled and followed behind Ivy.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION; Lucy

Ivy is my favoritest person ever. Anyways. I was sick for the past couple days and I'm still kinda sick but I am totally bored out of my mind so I figured I might as well type up an update for everyone on this lovely Sunday.

I also love that we made a writing schedule for updates and everything and we don't even follow that, it's more like just chose whichever one you're feeling at the moment and go for it.

Also I have been looking at the votings and so far it's looking pretty good, I don't know if the first update of the book will be up on Wednesday, because there is a tie between two of the books which you can go count up if you want to know but I'm not suppose to say anything. Anyways, if you guys haven't done that you should probably do that before we stop collecting votes.

In the meantime though..

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX