54 - The Plan

We cannot become what we need to be by remaining what we are. ~Max de Pree

Luke's POV 

I sat with Ashton on my couch, we were waiting for my mother to come in the room, I was looking around. Picture frames hung without glass, the small pieces of the corners remained sticking jagged out. A lamp with a hole in the side sat on a table with a chunk missing of the front. There was a hole in the wall near the window, and the curtain rod was falling down - only being held up by one side. 

I looked over the other side and noticed a missing door, it had to have been taken off of it's hinges. I looked to the ground and could see glass still littered some parts of the floor, otherwise bottles and empty cigarette packages laid amongst their ashes. 

I shifted on the couch, looking to see the stuffing falling out the pillows, the clean couches now had marks and stains across them and the fabric was cut open - wider in some places - enough to see the frame of the couch. 

I leaned back and looked at the ceiling to notice there was a dent in it. I had to wonder how that had happened but knowing these two they were probably throwing things at one another and somehow missed. 

"I'm sorry it's such a mess Ashton," My mother said as she walked in the room with a couple of drinks and a small plate of food for Ashton and I. "I swear I mean to clean but I feel like any time I pick up anything it's just a bigger mess!" 

"It's alright, I don't mind." Ashton smiled. I could see by the way his leg was bouncing that he felt very uncomfortable being in here. "I just wanted to talk to you a little bit, if that's alright." 

My mother - who looked gravely ill - nodded her head. She looked awful. Her hair was a mess, so was her makeup. It was as if she could no longer draw the straight lines on her face. Her clothes seemed twisted. 

"I think there is defiantly a problem here." Ashton said quietly. "I think that you should consider relocating Luke." 

"Relocating? Pardon me, are you telling me I should send my child to live with someone else!?" My mother snapped, much more violently then I had expected. "He is just fine living here!" 

"I'm not saying this to make you upset." Ashton said. "But no one is fit to live in an environment like this. You and your husband are always fighting! Even if you kick him out he's back the next day. One second you love one another, the next second your at the other's throat and then it all comes back to him." 

"But I don't want him to leave!" My mother protested, standing up.

"I know you don't want to but you need to." Ashton said, he stood up as he was practically pleading with the woman in front of him that was barely recognizable to me. "I know that you want him to stay here with you, but be honest. You really think that him being here is going to help anyone?"

My mother looked to me but I could not keep eye-contact with her. She sat down on the couch and folded her hands in her lap. Looking down at the tray in front of her, she started to cry. Ashton sat down next to me.

"Come on, Luke's my best friend do you think I want to see him go anymore than you do?" Ashton asked. My mother shook her head and wiped under her eyes. "I just don't feel like he's helping himself here, he needs to be somewhere where he can get better." 

"Out of town?" My mother sniffled as she looked at Ashton. 

"I would say the farther the better." Ashton said. 

My mother took a deep breath and nodded her head once. "I know where he can go, and it's quite a whiles away. But I do know where someone might take him." She looked down for a second and then back to Ashton. "What about Michael?"

"We're going to take care of that once this is settled." Ashton said. 

"Right," My mother pursed her lips together. "Well, I'll go call a few people." She stood up and walked into the kitchen to make said calls. 

I turned to Ashton and watched him look absentmindedly into space. "Ashton?" 

"Yeah?" He responded.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"I'm just.." Ashton took a deep breath. "I just wish life wasn't so complicated. Honestly I love Michael and everything, and I love the both of you together but I wish you never had met him." 

I leaned back on the couch. "Why am I trying?" 

"What do you mean?" Ashton asked. 

"Why am I trying? You even said yourself that you don't think I'll ever get any better." I said. "What's the point of going through all of this?" 

"I don't know." Ashton said. "I wish I did but I don't. And right now you seem fine but I feel like tomorrow morning you'll wake up being Cashile, or one of the other two." 

I then found myself growing angry quickly. "Don't make fun of them just because they're different!" 

"This is what I'm talking about." Ashton said. "Luke, they're not real people." 

"T-They are too and they like me! Sometimes.." I said. 

Ashton looked slightly irritated. "Alright, fine, I'm sorry." 

"Thank you." I responded and shook my head slowly. "I am sorry for snapping at you."  

"It's alright." Ashton said, he took a deep breath and ran a hand down his face. 

After a few silent minutes - not as awkward as I would have thought them to be - my mother walked back in the room and smiled. 

"You're just going to go live with your grandmother for a while, Luke. You remember her, correct?" My mother smiled. I nodded. "Good. Well we can send you to go live with her for a while and so you can get better. I'll take care of all of the legalities but you just need to pack up what you need because you'll be back soon!" 

I nodded my head slowly, in understanding and saw Ashton pulling out his phone. "Better call Michael." 

He cleared his throat and pressed on a smile. As if he was trying to play a game for Michael when he answered the phone. But maybe he would be into it, after all, Michael really loved his games. 

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION; Ariana

This book is craaaap sometimes xD Anyways, school is stressful but for some reason I'm like "yes let's do it!" and it's just..Weird. I don't know. I hope everyone's days are going well and hopefully going to you desire it to. I hope no one is getting into fist fights because that is a no-no. ;3 

Also, more song promotion except this time it's a band xD Within Temptation is so good. Like that woman can sing and I'm just over here dying because it's really good xD 

And I use 'xD' far too much. I feel like I put it after every sentence. Like I wanted to there but I didn't. And now I'm trying really hard not to use it at all. Oops. 

OH, and next chapter is last chapter, I should have mentioned that first. But ohhh well. I think I'm only going to do one epilogue but then again, I dunno. I feel like I might do a few, just let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas or you want to request a certain type of epilogue. Just on ninety percent of the time I do like a proposal, and a chapter with children and all this fun stuff that everyone enjoys (exclude shorter books from that) But I have a new book in mind that I will mention next chapter and yeahhhh =3

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX