47 - Thereputic

The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. ~Audrey Hepburn

Michael's POV

Today, Luke had his first session with a therapist. I had to accompany him on his doctor's request.

After the incident, I had taken Luke to my house until today, I pampered him and tried to take care of him the best I could. Despite the fact that he did not want to be taken care of.

When we got there though, a hand was placed on my shoulder as I went to follow Luke into a room.

"We don't want you in there." A woman smiled. "Doctor Martin wants to speak with you."

"Oh. Alright." I said.

"Luke will be in the room right there, so you can meet him when you're done." She smiled as she escorted me to a empty room. I was pretty sure this was not how the situation was originally handled. I just hoped Luke was alright. I placed a hand on my forehead and ran down my face. I hated this, I really did.

I heard the door open and close again, I turned my head to see Luke's doctor take a seat at a table. She was smiling, but it was a smile for fools. For I knew what she was about to tell me was nothing I wanted to hear.

"Hi Michael." She spoke to me as if I was a five-year-old. Honestly it made me turn sour immediately. "I know you must be really curious to why you're here today!"

"You don't have to talk to me like that." I immediately said.

"I just feel like you have a bit of a..Temper." The doctor shrugged. "What do you think about that?"

"No I don't." I muttered as I picked at the hole of my jeans. The doctor continued to smile, like she was going to get something out of me by smiling like an idiot. Honestly that was not the case at all. It made me want to walk over and punch her.

"You know you can only fix problems if you admit they're there." The doctor said, her hands were folded as she laid them on her desk.

"Is that why I'm here?" I asked. "You must think I'm like, unstable or something."

"You are unstable." She said, as if the answer was obvious. "I mean you told me what happened with Luke, you didn't even say anything. You just lost control. Does that show your stability?"

"It was one time."

"Tell me Michael," She continued anyways. "Do you and Luke ever get into physical fights?"

"No." I said firmly. "This is ridiculous."

"Your temper is showing." She smiled. "How's life at home?"

"None of your damn business." I snarled. "I have every right to be angry right now. You're being obscene!"

"You only see me as obscene because you're frustrated." She said. "Is that true?"

"No!" I yelled. I stood up. "I'm only here because I want to help Luke! There's nothing wrong with me! Why are you trying to convince me that there is!"

"Would Luke even be here without you?" She asked. "You had to have done something to him."

"Excuse me?" I scoffed. "You think this is my fault!? Some professional you are. For your damn information, I was the only one there for him and his mother when his father turned away from them! There's no way you can turn around and say that Luke is where he is because I did something wrong! And yes, I did do him wrong. But I didn't completely screw up his life. Stop trying to make it seem like I did!"

The doctor stopped. Sat still without a word. It was like this for several minutes, I wondered if she would ever say a word to me.

Eventually she did. "Why don't you ask Luke?"

"He would just say I didn't do anything. Which is true!"

"Are you sure?"

"Why would he tell me otherwise?"

"Well.." The doctor stood up from the table and walked towards me, at least I thought she was. But she stopped when she reached the other side of the table. "If he cares he will be one-hundred percent honest with you. Will he be honest?"

"Why are you doing this.." I mumbled. "Why are you trying so hard to get me to start thinking as negatively as he does. What are you not saying?"

I watched the doctor look off to the side with a sigh, there was clearly something unspoken here. Something I did not want to hear, something she did not want to say. I took a step closer to you.

"Let me tell you my thought process." She said as she took a seat back at the table. She adjusted her hair. I took a seat. "Honestly, I was thinking that after trying to get you to admit these things would make you feel better, enough so that I could say that I don't think Luke will ever be any better off then he is now. He could but the likeliness is very small. Even the concept of him being any better then right now is still not that great. He'll probably just keep tumbling downwards. So if something did happen or we had to do something, I felt like it would make you feel better if you could separate yourself slightly."

I ran a hand through my hair and rubbed the back of my neck. I then spoke. "You've never been in love, have you?"

The doctor looked to me with confusion written across her features. "Pardon?"

"Well when you love someone, you don't care about anything else that happens. When something happens to them, you continue to give your all because you care." I stood up from my seat. "I'm not about to just walk out on Luke because things are changing. He's still Luke and I still love him all the same." I gave a shrug and turned and walked out of the room. Leaving the doctor with a dumbstruck look about her.

Honestly I wish someone took away her medical degrees because if she thought abandoning someone would solve anyone's problems she was wrong. No one wants to be alone, including Luke and I.

"Oh Michael!" I turned my head to see a nurse walking towards me. "Can you please come with me? Like right now?"

"Why?"

"Just, please?" She laughed nervously. I nodded my head and allowed her to drag me down the hallway.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION; Lucy

So school is finally over. Hallelujah. Anyways, Ariana is going to be pretty much..Non-existent for a while. While she is still writing all these chapters she does not have the time to put them up and do all that because she has to take a bunch of classes over the summer to compensate for the time she missed during this school year.

But hey, I'm here. And that's not..Awful. :D

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX