49 - Avelyn

Even if you're unhappy, just pretend that you're happy. Eventually, your smile will be contagious to yourself. I had to learn that. I used to think, 'I'm being fake,' but you know what? Better to be fake and happy than real and miserable. ~Evangeline Lilly

Michael's POV 

I let out a sigh as I walked down the hallway, I do not know what caused me to come to this point. But honestly, I needed help. I needed it now. I could only think of one person to go to. 

"Dallas," I said as I turned around the corner. He turned his head to me and shoved his phone away. "I need help." 

"With what?" Dallas asked. "Where's Luke?" 

"He's with Ashton," I said, running a hand down my face. Ashton did not see it as having Luke dumped on to him. Rather to Ashton it was just like hanging out. A lot of the time Ashton just had more patience to deal with Luke. More so than I did. 

"What do you need help with then?" Dallas asked. "I don't feel like you would ever come to me for help on anything anymore." 

"I need help with Luke." I muttered and Dallas's eyes grew wide. "I don't know what to do with him anymore! I don't know how to help him and I'm not even sure if I can help myself at this point." 

"Think you've bitten off more than you can chew?" Dallas asked. "I mean, how do you expect to help Luke if you yourself is irritable and out of a good mindset?" 

"That's why I need help." I said. "You get along with Luke fine now, right?" Dallas nodded. "So I need you to help me to help him." 

"Or I could just, try helping him directly." Dallas said. "Maybe you need to spend some time away from Luke." 

"I can't do that." I replied. 

"Why not?" Dallas asked. "You're not helping if you're just irritated all the time. You're just going to end up making things worse, and you know that as well as I do. You've got a bit of a short temper, Michael." 

"I can't do that though!" I said. 

"Why not?" 

"Because Luke needs me, but I need help to help him." I sighed. "I don't know what to do with him anymore!" I took a step forward and grabbed Dallas's shoulders. "Please Dallas.." 

Dallas took a deep breath and removed my hands. "What do you want me to do?" 

"I don't know, anything!" I said. "I just need something or someone to help!" 

Dallas shoved his hands in his pockets and I could see by the look on his face that he was involved in deep thought. "I don't know how to help you." 

"Dallas - "

"Michael I seriously don't know how to help you." Dallas said. "Just, you have to help yourself before you help Luke. If you feel like you're losing it than you probably are." Dallas shut his locker. "I'm sorry Michael, I can't think of any way to help you." 

"This is your fault!" I yelled as Dallas turned away. "If you never showed up he wouldn't be like this in the first place!" 

"You think that I don't know it's my fault?" Dallas asked as he turned back around. "You think that I haven't spent a good amount of time thinking about how I ruined some poor kid!?"

"Well good!" I snapped. "I hope you feel awful about what you did!" 

"It's just as much my fault as it is yours Michael! You're acting like a child!" Dallas scoffed. "Blaming all your problems on me, just because you can't help your precious little Luke!" I raised my fist, to hit Dallas but instead felt someone behind me grab my arm and turned to see Calum scowling at me. 

"Enough, Michael." Calum snarled. 

"But he - "

"Enough." Calum repeated, a bit more force behind his voice. Calum then pulled me away from Dallas and down the hallway. "Ashton said for me to go find you, because we want to get going." 

"You're leaving too?" I sighed, I had asked Ashton and Calum earlier if they would be assistive towards Luke. 

"We're all leaving." Calum said. "Ashton said maybe we should work on refamiliarizing Luke with things. So we're going to go watch the girl's tournament at the field."

"Oh.." I said quietly. "Calum you know, it's not like Luke really forgot all that much." 

"But it will help him to be Luke, again." Calum said. "That's what we think, anyways."  

"It's worth a shot." I sighed. I walked outside and could see Ashton and Luke sitting in the glass. Luke was leaning forward looking as something in Ashton's hands, although he did not look too pleased in what was going on. 

"Oh and don't call him Luke, he'll start crying." Calum whispered. 

"What?" I replied. 

"Well when I first came over," Calum explained. "I said Luke. He told me that was not his name and then told me to call him..Avalyn? Or something like that?"

"No, it was Avelyn." I corrected. "That's part of whatever is going on with him. Why did he start crying?"

"Hell if I know." Calum shrugged. "Hey guys!" 

Ashton and Luke turned to us, Ashton smiled and waved but Luke just sort of frowned when he saw us. Like he did not want us showing up at all. We walked over and Ashton stood up, brushing off his pants and turned to Luke. 

"Well come on," Ashton said. "We're going to get going now, aren't you going to come?" 

"Yeah I guess." Luke sighed as he grabbed a hold of Ashton's extended hand and was pulled up. He brushed off his own pants and waited for someone to say something. 

"Are we going to leave now?" I asked. Ashton nodded and began to walk in the direction of the fields. I walked next to Luke but he looked completely uninterested in me. 

"You don't look to pleased." I said quietly. Luke just shrugged. "What's the matter?" He shrugged again. "Luke - "

"My name is not Luke!" He said and I instantly saw his eyes filling with tears. "Why does everyone keep saying that to me!"

"Because that's your name." I said. 

"Michael stop." Ashton said. As if he was warning me to something. I opened my mouth to speak but when my eyes drifted over to Luke, I knew I had to stop. So I apologized and shoved my hands into my pockets. 

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION; Lucy 

So this was suppose to be up yesterday but instead I worked, saw a movie, and slept xD So it's up. Today. And there's supposed to be another chapter of something up today..But we'll see if that happens, cause..I have no excuse I'm just really caught up in another thing.. That is like a "Project". Also Arianna wanted me to mention that this book is really long. Like really really long. It's the longest out of everything and she thinks that is because she really does not know how to end it or where to go with it. So..Get ready for some improvisation cause here we go. 

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX