6 - Game On

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

Luke's POV

"Hey Luke," Ashton said as we walked down the hall after school on a Thursday afternoon. "Do you want to hang out today?"

"Sorry, I can't." I shrugged. "Don't you have practice anyways?"

"Well, yeah." Ashton shrugged. "I meant after. Why can't you?"

"Because I'm learning how to play video games, in order to get Michael Clifford to not hate me." I said. Ashton stopped and looked at me like he did when I first came out of the closet. Complete and utter shock.

"Say what?"

"We're playing video games." I shrugged.

"You don't even play them." Ashton sighed, shaking his head slowly. "Alright, whatever. I have to get to practice. Good luck, Luke." I nodded and smiled before heading towards Michael's locker where he was standing with Dallas.

"Hi Michael." I smiled, but let it drop when I got a glare from both of them.

"What do you want?" Michael asked.

"Y-You said at lunch Monday to go to your house Thursday.." I said quietly.

"Ew, why would you want him at your house?" Dallas asked and I took a step back, completely wide eyed.

"Dallas shut it." Michael sighed, rolling his eyes. "But I don't remember that."

"Oh..You know if you didn't want to hang out, we didn't have to. You don't have to lie." I said, shaking my head slowly. I took a few steps backwards but Michael shot me a glare. I almost wanted to walk away. He just stared at me for a second before mouthing 'stay here'. So I did while he talked to Dallas, who eventually left. Then Michael turned to me.

"Lets go." He said. I raised my eyebrows. "What?"

"You just said that you didn't want to hang out anymore.." I said.

"I only said that because Dallas was right here." Michael rolled his eyes. "Duh."

"Are you serious?" I asked. "You're embarrassed to be my friend?" Michael ran a hand through his hair. "You know, Mikki would never treat me that way. I don't want to be your friend if you couldn't stand the idea of being my friend to begin with."

"Fine, what do I care?" Michael scoffed as he slammed his locker, so that I jumped back. He sighed and turned back to me. "Alright, I'm sorry. Now let's go."

I should've said no to Michael, but instead I just followed him. Let him drag me to his car and then all the way to his house. Glancing around I admired the area.

"Mikki will be over soon." Michael said, I went wide eyed as I looked around the impressive room. I stood awkwardly and Michael looked over to m, but that was all he did. Was look me up an down while I shifted uncomfortably under his gaze.

"You're nervous." Michael said and I turned my eyes to him.

"What makes you - "

"The way you wrap your arms around yourself, you refuse to make eye contact, you shift uncomfortably when I look at you." Michael said as he took slow steps towards me. "And you don't like it when I walk near you. You're either nervous or afraid. And now, that you can tell that I see straight through you, you're scared. Why are you scared."

"Yeah, I'm nervous, okay?" I sighed. "You're just so..Off and on with me, and I don't understand."

"I'm not off and on with you, I'm indecisive." Michael rolled his eyes.

"No you're just a jackass!" I yelled, which seemed to have shocked Michael. "Do you ever give consideration to the way another human being feels? Do you?"

Michael sighed. "Look, Luke. I'm just as nervous as you are."

"Why?"

"Luke you don't want to hear why - "

"Bull, yes I do. You have to tell me." I said.

"Not a lot of my friends will like you and that worries me, I'm also worried with the fact that you're going to learn about what it means to be in my group and not like it. Also.." Michael trailed off. "I've never had a gay friend, before."

I felt my jaw drop as I stood wide eyed. "You can't be serious.." Michael didn't say anything. "Are you serious!? The fact that I'm gay makes you uncomfortable? I'm gay and that makes you feel weird doesn't it? Because that means I just fall in love with every boy I come into contact with, right?"

"That's not what I meant.." Michael said as he glanced off to the side.

"Oh then what did you mean Michael!?" I snapped. He was saved by the bell, the doorbell, at this point and I would have continued yelling at him if Mikki didn't walk in the room.

"C'mon lets get this started." She said and Michael sat down on the couch while I sat down between him and Mikki. Folding my arms and leaning into the couch.

All I could think of was the fact that my sexuality made Michael nervous. Did it make anyone else nervous as well? Is that why I lacked friends?

Mikki handed me a paddle and I looked at it uninterested. A frown marking my face.

"Luke?" Mikki asked. "I-Is everything okay?"

"Yeah." I sighed as I leaned backwards.

"He's lying." Michael said as he leaned over and turned on my paddle. "Things were pretty heated before you got here."

"Dammit, can neither of you go two seconds without fighting with one another?" Mikki sighed. "I swear all you two do is try and upset the other as much as you can. What is the point in that?" Michael and I exchanged glances and both slouched in our seats.

"Apologize." Mikki said.

"Who?" Michael and I asked at the same time.

"Both of you, than I want you to hug it out." Mikki said and I glared at her. "Don't give me that look, Luke! Stand up, both of you."

I pushed myself off of the couch and awkwardly glanced and Michael.

"I'm sorry." Michael said quietly.

"I'm sorry too." I said, twisting my foot on the ground.

"Now hug it out." Mikki said. I stepped awkwardly towards Michael as he glared at me and I opened my arms for him, but he would have to do the rest. Eventually he stepped into me and hugged me before taking a step back and sitting down on the couch. I could feel my face burning.

"Isn't that better?" Mikki asked.

"I hate you, so so much." Michael breathed.

"I think that's the one thing we have in common." I said as I leaned back on the couch. Glancing to my left when I heard Michael chuckling.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

Chapter! I don't really know where I went with this but yeah. All's well that ends well.

Anyways there will probably be a double update because I wrote this the day before it is being posted. (A.K.A. Yesterday). I'm awkward af sorry. xD

I hope you had a good day!

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX