7 - Assists

Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll. ~Shigeru Miyamoto

A/N: They're going to be playing on Playstation just because that's what I have and what I'm used to. So if you like Xbox..I'm sorry, I might do it later but I don't really think it applies to the story too much what game console they play on.

Luke's POV

"Okay, Luke." Michael said as he looked over at me. "Those are called joysticks, you use those to move around."

"I'm not that dumb." I frowned at him.

"Shut up and listen." Michael said. "Anyways, those, make you move around. That little 'X'? What does that make you do?"

"How the hell should I know?" I asked.

Michael rolled his eyes. "Press it and find out." Michael looked down to my hands and then let out a sigh as he reached over and changed the placement of my hands. "Now use your thumb to press it."

I rolled my eyes and pushed down the button, then frowned at the screen. Then turned to Michael. "It didn't do anything.."

"Exactly." Michael said. "You select things with that button, it only works when you're close enough to something you can select."

"Oh.." I said quietly. "What do all the other buttons do?"

"We're getting there Luke." Michael sighed. "Be patient."

"Alright." I sighed. I watched Michael place his controller down before moving closer to me so that our legs were barely touching. He reached over me and tilted the paddle up so I could see the buttons on the top.

"This," He pointed at one. "Makes you jump, alright?"

"Oh. Okay." I nodded. I listened to Michael as he told me what the rest of the buttons did, he only scooted back slightly when we went to play. I could still feel the heat emanating off of him.

"So now we play." Michael said. "Just do whatever Mikki and I say, yeah?"

"Alright." I said and waited for the game to load. I watched Mikki and Michael both take out their phone while the screen flashed 'loading' on the screen. I looked between them and watched the expressions n their faces until the game loaded.

"Woo!" Mikki yelled. "Alright, lets do this trash bags."

"W-What?" I squeaked.

"It's called 'trash talking' Luke. Mikki and I are pretty into it, but we don't mean any harm by it." Michael explained. I nodded but didn't think to say anything. Instead I listened to Michael and Mikki scream at each other. When Mikki died she threw down her paddle and walked over to Michael, pushing him back onto the couch and slamming his head off of it while Michael laughed hysterically. 

"You both are nuts!" I squeaked. "I don't want to play video games any more!" I jumped up and went to walk away but Michael pulled me straight back down.

"Sit, you're going to play, whether you like it or not." Michael ordered and I huffed while sitting back down. I really did not feel like playing this stupid game. 

"I'm going to get a drink." Mikki groaned as she exited the kitchen, leaving me alone with Michael. 

"You don't look like you're having all that much fun." Michael commented and I shrugged. 

"I just don't feel very included." I said. 

"Oh so you want Mikki to beat you up?" 

"No, that's not what I meant." I sighed. 

"I know." Michael said gently. "I was joking, but tell me what you mean." 

"Like, you and Mikki are obviously really good at this." I said. "I am never going to be good at this." 

"I wasn't born being good at video games Luke." Michael rolled his eyes. "And hey, if you aren't that's cool too. It's not about being good, it's about having fun. Don't you have anything in your life you can relate that to?" 

I chewed on my lip, thinking. For me to enjoy anything it was because I was good at it. It made it ten times cooler. Made me like it more because I could rub it in other people's faces. Although I did not do that. 

"No way Hemmings." Michael said after a moment. "Seriously? Is being good at things the only thing you care about? Like so if you're not instantly good as something you just give up? I don't mean to be a jerk, but that's seriously so shallow..So pathetic." 

"I-It is not!" I snapped. 

"It is too! Luke you realize that you will go no wheres because you don't have the ability to want to get better? You just have to instantly be good." Michael said, shaking his head slowly. "That is seriously ridiculous. No one is born good at anything, and if you can't realize that. Then you will be a no one." 

"I didn't come here for a life lesson." 

"No, you're right." Michael said carefully. "You came here, to learn how to play video games. So you could get better at it. And I, mister, am not just going to let you give up because you're not as good as Mikki and I. So sit your pretty little booty down, and get playing." 

"Fine." I scoffed. 

"Luke," Michael groaned. "I'm trying to help you. Stop being a little snot about it. I don't have to help you, you know." 

"Then why are you!?" I snapped. "If all I am is a burden then why are you even trying to help me!?" 

"You're not a burden!" Michael snapped back, his voice was louder and had more power to it then my own. So I shrunk back in my seat. "I never said you were. I'm helping you because I don't want it to be like this." 

"Like what?" 

"This-This awkwardness!" Michael said. "The hating each other. I have to hang out with your friends because of Calum and you know, having another friend there wouldn't be so bad. And yes, you are very similar to a beauty pageant girl but hey, that's fine. I just want to find something we can get along on. And this might just be it, but you have to try." 

I sat wide eyed, looking at Michael. Hoping what he said was true and not just some gimmick to make me feel like crap about myself. But, by the intensity of his voice. The way he was perched up on the front of the couch. I couldn't say he was a liar. 

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION 

Yes, it has been a while. And yes, here is a chapter of Geek Squad. 

So, basically you may or may not be wondering where I have been, but, I am going to be straight with you. And tell you to go look at the message I posted on my profile because I talked about it there because I thought not everyone would like to see it, but if you would - and it is kind of important - you can see it there. 

In the meantime. 

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX