4 - Another Go

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. ~Thomas A. Edison

Luke's POV

Well the weekend came and went like it always does, too slow at first but then too fast. I walked into the school honestly feeling pretty crappy. What a lovely Monday morning. A bad Monday guarenteed a horrifying week. Even though people really hated Monday's, because it was the beginning of the week, they weren't that bad, honestly. Just the fact that some days could be better then others like every day of the week. It was just people being dramatic about having to attend work or school after two days of rest.

But if Friday was the first day of the week, people would hate Friday.

Either way, I just wasn't myself and I didn't see why. Maybe I was just down in the dumbs, my emotions swung very quickly so I wasn't shocked. I could be the most upbeat person one day and the next I could just cry a whole lot.

It just really sucked.

Today was one of those days where..Nothing goes your way, ever. Ashton wasn't going to be here for who knows how long - he contracted a flu. Autumn and Ivy would be gone on all week, they went on some trip. Nina wouldn't be here either - she had a field trip today. Perry got so pissed-drunk the night before that coming to school wasn't on his list.

In other words, I would spend my entire day by myself.

There was Calum, of course, but I doubt that I could even talk to Calum. He's always with Michael and Michael definately hates me. Calum doesn't, but he's going to please Michael before he pleases me.

Not that I couldn't handle being alone, because I could, and a lot of people would actually talk to me. That wasn't my issue at all. My issue is that I kinda wanted to be alone. To be a sad sap all day and have no one expect the excited and bubbly Luke Hemmings.

But of course everyone expects that, and I don't see why. Am I not allowed to have a bad day too?

Either way, I held my binder close to my chest, shot smiles and people who gave them to me. I walked to my class alone, which I didn't normally do, but I did today. I walked into a classroom and sat in the back instead of the front. I didn't pay attention during the lesson, I stared off into space. It was like that every class. No one bothered with me anyways. Just because people liked me doesn't mean they had better friends to talk to. Plus, too many people were scared just to talk to me as well. Maybe the idea that I'm "popular" or maybe the fact that I'm larger than six feet.

The whole day continued like this too. I even sat at lunch by myself, but I didn't eat. Instead I just sat on my phone, scrolling through eveything three times. Because I ran out of things to do.

"Hey..Um..Luke?" I lifted my eyes up to the first human being to talk to me all day and saw none other then Mikki Sparks. A cute blonde in my science class.

"Hi." I gave a small smile.

"Do you want to come sit with us?" Mikki said, giving a saddened look. "You're just over here all by yourself, and you look kinda..Upset. Where are all your friends?"

"Not here today.." I shrugged.

"All of them?" Mikki asked.

"I only have five friends." I said.

"Still, all of them?"

"Yeah," I laughed nervously. "Weird coincidence, right?"

"Oh you poor thing.." Mikki sighed. "Do you want to come sit with us?" I saw Mikki point a thumb at her table and noticed her little group, including Calum an Michael.

"That's probably a bad idea.." I shrugged.

"Why?"

"Because, Michael kinda..Well..Hates my guts." I said.

"You should still come sit with us, unless you're too good for us, than I get it." Mikki shrugged.

"N-No!" I squeaked. "It's not that at all! You guys just wouldn't like sitting with me.."

"Nonesense, Luke!" Mikki gasped, as if I had offended her. "Sure, we're complete and utter geeks. But I can't stand watching you sit here and mope anymore."

"Then don't look."

"Luke.." Mikki groaned. "Why won't you sit with us?"

"Because I'm already in the worst mood and I don't want to spend the next thirty minutes getting chewed out by Michael!" I snapped and then covered my mouth. "I am so sorry."

"Hold on." Mikki said. She turned and walked away and then I saw her standing at her table, talking to Michael. He gave a confused look before turning to me and I let out a groan as I hid my burning face in my hands.

I didn't take long to pull out my phone and begin scrolling through it again, hoping that Mikki wouldn't make me look like a fool. Although, there's no reason why she wouldn't. A lot of people seemed to dislike me. Honestly, they probably just hated me because I'm me.

I jumped when I heard a slamming chair and lifted my head to see Michael walking over towards me, without Mikki and I was a little scared with how angry he looked.

He pulled out the chair and sat down, his hands folded on the table as he looked at me. Not saying a word. It seemed like that for the longest time too. It was indeed a painfully awkward moment and I couldn't keep eye contact with Michael, nor sit still in my chair. I was beyond nervous and I felt incredibly awkward. I couldn't even say anything, which was weird because I was usually a really outgoing person.

"So," Michael said, grabbing my attenion. "Are you going to talk to me or are you just going to sit there looking like a damned fool?"

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

So yeah, double update, what about that son? Lets just pretend I didn't say that. Yes? Yes.

Anyways, I hope you like this book so far, I don't really know where I'm going with it(I do have a later scene planned and some idea) But yeah! Lets do this :3 There might be a tripple update, I don't know. I have actually already written at least one chapter for the rest of the week for my schedule so it might just happen. But for now.. Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX