Epilogue One

Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy. ~Aristotle

Michael's POV

*Three Months Later*

I was sitting on my couch, my thumbs running across from the buttons and joysticks of a paddle. Calum and Ashton were sitting with me doing the same - Ashton pretended to understand but he really did not. I think he just did not want to bother me too much.

I sat and boiled in what felt like my everlasting anger. At least, during the daytime that's what it was. I woke up, remembered what had happened, got angry and continued my day in a sour mood. By the time night had fallen, I had gone from anger to sorrow and spent most of my time grieving over myself.

Ashton and Calum hung around more often then I would have liked, they had forced themselves onto me. Eventually Dallas and Sonya came forward and said they gave Luke the idea and I had not spoken to them since.

At first I blamed myself, then I blamed Dallas and after that I did not really know what to do with myself besides lounge around.

Ashton would occasionally ask if I wanted to talk to Luke, after all Ashton kept in touch as much as possible. I always said no, which Ashton got frustrated with very often but never tried to bother me about it too much. After all, why would I want anything to do with him?

That was not true, I wanted to know what was going on, I wanted to talk to him. But I also wanted him to be here, and I never wanted him to walk out on me in the first place. Maybe I was wrong to be less understanding but he could not have possibly thought he gets to walk away and just come back.

"Guys I'm done playing." I sighed after a while and tossed my paddle onto the table.

"Alright." Calum said as he put his paddle down as well. I stood up and went to walk upstairs to my room. "Are you leaving?"

"I don't want to hang around." I said.

"Alright." Ashton huffed. "We'll be going then, see you tomorrow Michael."

"Yeah, bye." I said.

I walked up the stairs and collapsed onto my bed, my house was a mess. It never was very clean because no one was ever home to clean it, but now it was worse than before. Ashton and Calum would clean on occasion but I never tried to clean up. I did little to care.

"Come on, come out with us." Ashton sighed, as he looked at me laying on my bed. He and Calum had materialized themselves in my room and they were standing up so each of them could look down at me. "If you have a bad time we won't ask you to come anywhere's with us again."

I let out a sigh and sat up. They were always asking me to go out with them, it was no different now. But after a while, I guess I had sat up and agreed to - just this one time.

I followed them out the door and rubbed my eyes as I sat back in the rear seat. I did not want to be here, I knew that, but me being anti-social was not necessarily helping me.

The ride was silent, no one said a word, especially to me. I felt like I was just a big pity case, no one really wanted me around. Everyone just did not want me to disappear entirely. 

It was odd, Luke being without me caused him to lose his mind. Me being without Luke ruins my soul, I am a bitter creature now and I had no care to change it. 

I was what I was. 

When I arrived at a large house I knew exactly where I was, and the fact that the door was opened by Ivy did more to make it understandable. I looked at her and she smiled at me, but she almost seemed uneasy. 

"Come in, come in." She smiled and the three of us walked inside. I knew everyone in the room. Autumn, Perry, and many others sat in the room. But there was one person who I did not know. 

She was a normal-height brunette and she was looking around the room with a smile on her face. Who the hell was this girl? 

"Michael you're clearly confused." Calum smiled. "That's Lara, she moved her about a month ago. She's really nice so you should go talk to her." Lara's head turned to us at the sound of her name. She flashed me a smile and gave a small wave, then gestured for me to go and sit next to her. This girl had never even heard me speak and she already was inviting me. 

I sat down on the couch - more like was shoved on the couch by Calum - and the girl held out her hand. "Hi, I'm Lara." 

"Michael." I said without even touching her hand. 

"I've heard a lot about you!" Lara smiled. "Everyone seems to like you, especially Luke." 

"What..?" I raised my eyebrows. These two knew one another as well? 

"Oh..That's right, my apologies." Lara said, her smile faded as she spoke but she gave a small laugh. "But even though all of those people like you, I would like to find out the truth about you."

"What do you mean?" I raised an eyebrow. 

"Just because all of those people like you doesn't mean I will. After all, you seem not to like me very much." Lara smiled. 

"I don't know you." I replied. 

"Alright then," Lara smiled. "Well then why don't we get to know one another, and then we can determine it." She held out her hand, waiting for me to shake her hand. "Do we have a deal?"

"Sure, we have a deal." I replied. 

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION; Ariana

Wow this is overdue, I'm really sorry xD 

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX