45 - Walk The Line

I believe that two people are connected at the heart, and it doesn't matter what you do, or who you are or where you live; there are no boundaries or barriers if two people are destined to be together. ~Julia Roberts

Luke's POV

It was raining - down pouring - the next morning. I had not heard from Michael and had headed to school without any interaction from anyone.

When I got there my hair and clothes were stuck to my body but I felt alright. Rain was calming, and I always remembered that. Not that I enjoyed its aftermath.

"Hey Luke." Dallas said as he walked past me. "Where's Michael?"

I shrugged. "He usually talks to me but he didn't this morning so I just came to school."

"You walked?" Dallas asked and I nodded. "What do you like the rain or something?"

"I wouldn't say I like it." I shrugged.

"I love the rain," Dallas said. "It's pretty amazing if you think about it."

"How so?" I asked.

"Well..One raindrop is never alone." Dallas said. "It falls with thousands of others and together they create puddles. Which may seem insignificant to us, but it's thousands of raindrops coming together to make something. Just like how we all have to come together to make buildings." Dallas continued. "Then, they all go back up to the sky with the help of the sun. They always stay together the whole way through."

"Wow.." I mumbled.

"It's funny." Dallas said. "They always have each other and yet, we try our damned hardest to make everyone alone." Dallas rubbed the back of his neck. "I didn't know what I did to you would hurt you so bad. But you're what happens when we make people be alone. All the more reason for there never to be one person by themselves."

"That's very deep." I said. "I - "

"Oh there you are Luke!" Michael sighed as he came around the corner. He glared at Dallas. "Where were you?"

"I came here." I said. "Why?"

"You didn't wait for me or anything." Michael said. "Don't do that."

"You don't get to just ditch me." I replied.

"Michael, Luke doesn't have to hold your hand every second of every day." Dallas said.

"You stay out of this Dallas," Michael snapped. "I don't want you talking to Luke."

"I can talk to whoever I want! Dallas is being nice." I said. "He's nicer then you are at least."

"Then why don't you date Dallas!" Michael yelled and stomped off in the opposite direction and I instantly felt the panic setting in.

"Wait..M-Michael's leaving!?" I turned and faced Dallas to see he was also wide eyed.

"Luke do you want me to bring you to-" Before Dallas could finish I darted out the doors of the school and back into the rain that did not look like it would let up anytime soon.

Michael was acting weird, well maybe not weird but he was acting very mean. He snapped quickly, and seemed as if he did not have the patience for me at all. It felt like he did not want to be around me at all.

I was beyond cold at this point, my whole body was shaking but I still resided in the grass outside of my house. My head laying on my knees as I shivered.

Michael frustrated me beyond ends, confused me. Made everything complicated. Made me angry and irritated. Michael was Michael.

Then I thought about yesterday and how he talked to his mother. Apparently to his mother Michael and I are 'friends' and it even sounded like she did not know who I was.

It made me feel like Michael really did not care too much if his mother had no idea who I even was.

This was all starting to become too much for me, at this point I could hear my parents inside screaming at one another. They had been at it non-stop and since I saw it once. They did not care if I saw it again. That was the sad truth.

It was like I had to watch my whole world collapse at once. At least that was what drove me to this point.

I needed someone to talk to that would never leave, and I wanted this reality to be false, and therefore I had destroyed myself single-handedly. I saw no point in amending the broken, but it seemed as if others did.

I was beginning to reach the extension of my strength though.

I sat there for maybe an hour before I felt someone kicking my foot. I glanced up and saw the devil himself, staring down at me as he held an umbrella.

"What are you doing?" He asked, he spoke in a gentle tone as he crouched in front of me. "You're going to get sick out here."

"Michael, I think I've come to a conclusion." I said quietly.

"What is it?"

"I think I'm homeless." I mumbled.

Michael looked confused, as if he had no idea how to grasp this. "You're not going to run away from home, are you?" I shook my head. "Well then, Luke you're not homeless. I mean, we're sitting right next to your house. It's right there."

"I didn't say I was houseless." I muttered. "I said homeless."

"Well, what's the difference?" Michael asked.

"You know, they say that home is where the heart is," I said. "But what happens when your heart has no where's left to go?"

Michael went wide eyed at what I said, as if I was breaking his heart. So I continued on anyways.

"Why did you tell your mother that we were 'friends'?" I asked.

"Well..She doesn't exactly know who you are or the fact that I am..Um..Not straight?" Michael said.

"You didn't tell her?" I asked.

"I wasn't really sure." Michael said.

"But..You're dating a guy, you have to be sure.." I mumbled. I will admit, I felt rather offended and worried at the same time. "Michael.."

"Luke, I'm going to be honest." Michael took a deep breath. "I'm kind of..Embarrassed."

I went wide eyed at this point, and even scooted a little back.

"Not of you but just, in general." Michael said.

"Yeah but I am the general idea behind your embarrassment!" I snapped, my eyes were already filling with tears. It seemed as if Michael did not love me the way I did him, if he was embarrassed by me. "Leave, now."

"Luke just - "

"No! You have crossed the line too many times." I said, choking on my own words. "I want you to leave."

Michael nodded and began to walk down the street as I laid down in the muddy grass, letting cries shake my body.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION; Lucy

So sorry for delays, but this is our last week of actual school and next week is exam week. So we're pretty preoccupied with that and are currently pretty busy but we will try to keep the train rolling. Alright. Sorry about this but I hope it's alright<3

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX